What is a common food you have never tasted?

Randy Parker

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious how you do your oyster stew. Do you leave them in the shell and let it open?

Difficult if not impossible to find fresh oysters at a reasonable price here. My ingredients are the bare necessities. East coast oysters (the west coast oysters are nasty) - we get Kellum's from Kroger, green onions, lots of butter, milk and heavy cream and a bit of flour; don't put the oysters in until you're almost finished.

A magic ingredient is just the tiniest pinch of saffron.

Difficult if not impossible to find fresh oysters at a reasonable price here. My ingredients are the bare necessities. East coast oysters (the west coast oysters are nasty) - we get Kellum's from Kroger, green onions, lots of butter, milk and heavy cream and a bit of flour; don't put the oysters in until you're almost finished.

A magic ingredient is just the tiniest pinch of saffron.

I've never had oyster stew, but I'll definitely try it, I love anything that involves oysters. About the only good thing I can think of about living a few minutes from Huntington, WV is the ability to get fresh seafood at Jewel City. It's flown in daily and it is actually priced really well considering what part of the country we are in. If your ever in the area, you should definitely check it out, it's a restaurant as well, so you can sample it before you buy your take home items lol.

Gotta load 'em down with milk and butter, or gravy. Don't like them plain. Don't like hominy. Tried 'em several times.
If you like shrimp and you ever find yourself between South Carolina and Louisiana, you owe it to yourself to give shrimp and grits a try. I have only had it a few times, but it has already earned a spot on my top five entrees list.

If you like shrimp and you ever find yourself between South Carolina and Louisiana, you owe it to yourself to give shrimp and grits a try. I have only had it a few times, but it has already earned a spot on my top five entrees list.

I LOVE shrimp and grits. Wife makes a real good version, but South Carolina low country I must admit is better.