Dylan Roof GUILTY, what should his Sentence be?

Jumper_Dad

Maybe, would have to see the details of each case, and in reality will we ever know if they were really innocent, or did they now get out on a technicality? Each case will be different.

So you don't have an issue with 6 innocent people potentially being put to death for crimes they didn't commit?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you don't have an issue with 6 innocent people potentially being put to death for crimes they didn't commit?

You have to look at each case on its own merits. By that I mean, how were they found guilty in the first place, if they were innocent? Bad lawyer, bad defense, crooked jury, crooked judge? Were they involved in a crime with others, but didn't per say pull the trigger. Lots of factors.

Do innocent people get convicted of crimes, yes they do. But we are talking death penalty cases here, so that limits the list of crimes to severe ones.

Life without parole and make sure it's truly that. I would add at hard labor but we're not allowed to do that anymore. It's not that I'm opposed to the death penalty, as someone else pointed out it's more expensive to fight the endless appeals then to house a prisoner.

Unfortunately there's a move afoot to have LWOP declared cruel and unusual punishment.

Death.

Electric chair preferably. I know they consider that "cruel and unusual" now days. I consider going in a house of worship and gunning down 6 innocent victims cruel and unusual.

I could give a rats behind about "cruel and unusual" in his case.