Simon Kenton 70 Newport Central Catholic 30

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I attended the game, Simon has a very good team and NCC couldn't make anything not that it would have changed the out come of the game because Simon was the better team.

I was very disappointed in the coaching staff at Simon from the JV to the varsity. Simon clearly was going win the game and had starters in and pressing in the 4th quarter and yes I know its not grade school but to clearly embarrass a team like that IMO is ridiculous.

What I have seen from box scores in lopsided victories it looks like teams are letting players get their stats up.

I agree and it shows no respect for the other team they play, just shows no class again IMO.

I attended the game, Simon has a very good team and NCC couldn't make anything not that it would have changed the out come of the game because Simon was the better team.

I was very disappointed in the coaching staff at Simon from the JV to the varsity. Simon clearly was going win the game and had starters in and pressing in the 4th quarter and yes I know its not grade school but to clearly embarrass a team like that IMO is ridiculous.

If that's true...that's a shame.

Unless they spoke with newcath coaches about it before the game asking if they mind if they work on press all game. If not then it is classless once game is already out of hand.

That's a good point. That does happen sometimes.

That's a good point. That does happen sometimes.

While, yes that does sometimes happen it normally happens towards the end of the year when in prep for the District and Regional tournaments, no reason at this time of the year for such a lack of display sportsmanship. With what I saw last night there is NO EXCUSE to do what the Simon coaching staff did to NCC last night. Lost a lot of respect for that program!!

I look at this totally different if I am NCC. Sure we are getting our butt's kicked, but I want to continue to work on beating the press and other things against a really good team that I cannot replicate in practice. Score wouldn't matter at a certain point. I want to get the kids experiences. Now if NCC had their JV team in, that would be different SK would be doing the unnecessary.

Even though the kids would know we will lose the game, I would try and win 2-3 minute segments.

Dare I use the word "karma"? Why is it that a few years back when NCC , beat SK by 22 ....behind Nikki Kiernans 36, no one judged Stoll and the Breds? She did play most of the game when it was clear they had the win wrapped up! Wheres the difference? Don't think there is any bad blood, but coaches remember things like that! Just saying

I look at this totally different if I am NCC. Sure we are getting our butt's kicked, but I want to continue to work on beating the press and other things against a really good team that I cannot replicate in practice. Score wouldn't matter at a certain point. I want to get the kids experiences. Now if NCC had their JV team in, that would be different SK would be doing the unnecessary.

Even though the kids would know we will lose the game, I would try and win 2

One would think 2 1/2 quarters would be enough but into the 4th is wrong and yes NCC put in their JV in the 4th and he still had a couple starters in and the one of the ones he had in was the Harney girl and I don't blame her at all. It just shows a lot of respect for the coach of the other team and lack of class.