Simon Kenton 70 Newport Central Catholic 30

They still had starters in at the end of the game and the one was the leading scorer for them, so I would need someone to explain that to me.

One more clarifying question as well...did every kid on SK's bench get in the game last night?...besides in the last minute?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who were the others? I left with 5 minutes left because they were up 35 and there was a wholesale substitution and five new players came in. Keep in mind I think their bench is limited. Buckner dressed but did not play due to injury. Stamper was out. Im not sure how many others are available but cannot be too many. You may need to still keep a starter in the game. ?? Is it a bad idea to have your subs work on the press?

They still had starters in at the end of the game and the one was the leading scorer for them, so I would need someone to explain that to me.

This is all a little over board. It wasn't until the third quarter that the game was really done. Most teams sub a mix of varsity and players that don't get much varsity time at that point. That's what happened. For years Stowers has played Ally way deep into the 4th quarter in already secured games (I think when Ally chose SK it was written into her contract! -jK - Spread and go called in the 4th for Ally is nothing new). But he played lots of girls in the fourth quarter, both starters and non-starters. However, unfortunately it looks like Harney signed the same contract to come to SK. Wish they would give the players who actually came up through the system the same opportunities as they give the top three kids.

They started subbing 2 minutes into game. Just from what I saw, SK was the better team all the way down the bench. It didn't really matter who was in.

According to KHSAA box score, 8, 9, and 10 took a total of 3 shots and made one for the game. Rest was 1-7 rotation.

Field Goals (2pt and 3pt)

Jersey Player Field

Goals

Made Field

Goals

Attempted Field

Goal

%

Bush, Rachel

0 1 0.0%

Chenot, Macy

0 1 0.0%

Dressman, Briana

2 5 40.0%

Gilliam, Kendyl

3 7 42.9%

Harmeyer, Shelby

3 8 37.5%

Harney, Bailee

6 11 54.5%

Jones, Maggi

3 8 37.5%

Meier, Madi

6 7 85.7%

Niece, Allyson

5 10 50.0%

Waite, Gabrielle

1 1 100.0%

38% (18 of 48) of the games last night were won by 30 or more. Several of those losers did not even score 20 points. Mercer won 90

Well if you can't see the point that's up to you but again PRESSING in the 4th with some starters that's not right.

They started subbing 2 minutes into game. Just from what I saw, SK was the better team all the way down the bench. It didn't really matter who was in.

Did number 15 for NCC play JV and start varsity? I might be wrong on this but I thought this was the case.

15 is Zimmerman she starts varsity she has a twin sister who plays Jv I believe.

Ok to clear some things up a bit this is from my view

subs were checking in all game but as for the 4th quarter subs were at the table at 6min mark of 4th and there was no stoppage till around 4min mark. Plus 3 JV players that dress varsity were injured so there would have to be at least varsity players on the floor to make 5. As far as the JV coach walking on the floor, he called timeout before he left the bench, closet ref signaled but players kept playing. Bad officiating caused the whole walking on the floor on both ends fouls were getting a little excessive and the officials were not protecting shooters. Harney in the game to work on running pg and no other reason. Don't forget she is still new to this team and they are still figuring out what roles she can fill last night was to see if she can run the 1. The JV players out scored the varsity in the 4th and that was without pressing. Wouldn't have been considered running up the score if NCC would've scored. SK up 28 when at 4:30 mark in 4th, JV did NOT press and ran offense, got stops and extended lead to 40. NCC also had 4 starters in the game till under 3min would you want your jv players going against varsity and get embarrassed ask that.

As far as the whole coach stowers coming from the stands no one wants to say this so I will. After the JV coach had his say with the official and started to walk away from him the Official then went after the JV coach very aggressively not letting the Coach to be able to talk to his team during the timeout that he called. So he came out to defuse the situation with his staff and officials now that's a HEAD COACH

Why say something if we want are not going to speak the whole truth. Shm!!!

According to KHSAA box score, 8, 9, and 10 took a total of 3 shots and made one for the game. Rest was 1-7 rotation.

Field Goals (2pt and 3pt)

Jersey Player Field

Goals

Made Field

Goals

Attempted Field

Goal

%

Bush, Rachel

0 1 0.0%

Chenot, Macy

0 1 0.0%