Ohio State 30 Michigan 27 (2OT)

ggclfan

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People do have to realize the yellow line was not the first down. The ball had to get to the actual white line which was the 15 yard line. I honestly don't think it ever got to the white line. However the call on the field gave him a half a ball passed the white line, and there was not enough 100 percent evidence to say he definitely didn't get it. If he truly got it, it would have been by the tip of the ball only.

I don't think people can definitely say he got it either. It was so close, that whatever the call on the field was would have stood. If they ruled him short originally, that would have stood too. The spot itself was wrong because the spot they gave had the ball half way over the line. That ball either barely touched the line or didn't at all. However they have to go with the call on the field in that case.

I agree, the call was very tough to make regardless of which side was being pulled for. That's why it's important to stand out more with regard to winning.

So what if Auburn beats BAMA ( yep, I'm that guy )??? And how about a 9-2 team winning the Big Ten Championship???

Congrats to the Buckeyes on the win. Harbaugh and Meyer leading these two teams are good for football!!! It is my sincere hope both teams play SEC teams in bowl games...

GO BUCKS and for the love of GOD Urban pass more often on 1st and second down!!! :lol2:

OSU kicker had to be the most relieved man on the planet when Samuel scored on the last play. I cannot imagine how devastated he as a senior would be if OSU lost his last game against Michigan in large part to his missing two short FG's. I am so happy for him...

Actually this video makes it easier to confirm the call. Blocker's rear end is on the first down marker/15 and the ball hits him in the back. Only way that call gets overturned is if his knee hit prior to the ball hitting the blocker in the back.