Belfry 28 Lawrence Co 6

Brewsky

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that last night on the radio. No comparison IMO. May is a bruiser who plays with awesome emotion, but as much pure/god-given talent as Howard.

At least running the ball. At linebacker, May is about as good as they come. I think he has the potential to play defense at the next level.

I didn't know LCs quarterback was a freshman, but it did look like they were a young team. With all due respect, I thought they played hard and were pretty physical, but they are going to struggle in their district. They played with a lot of emotion and hung around with Belfry for a quarter or so. Their defense really played well in the first quarter and showed a lot of promise. But other than a couple of nice 10 yard out passes and one big run, the offense really didn't move the ball all night until Belfry put their reserves in the game in the closing minutes.

Belfry again put the ball on the ground way to much, stalling a coule of drives down close by giving the ball away. I thought both QBs played well, but it was Elkins' night to shine. The young sophomore led all the scoring, including a nice 45-50 yd td pass. I think I heard on the radio that the Pirates had about 420 yards of total offense. Im not sure about LC, but I'd think they had about 200-250 or so.

I didn't know LCs quarterback was a freshman, but it did look like they were a young team. With all due respect, I thought they played hard and were pretty physical, but they are going to struggle in their district. They played with a lot of emotion and hung around with Belfry for a quarter or so. Their defense really played well in the first quarter and showed a lot of promise. But other than a couple of nice 10 yard out passes and one big run, the offense really didn't move the ball all night until Belfry put their reserves in the game in the closing minutes.

Belfry again put the ball on the ground way to much, stalling a coule of drives down close by giving the ball away. I thought both QBs played well, but it was Elkins' night to shine. The young sophomore led all the scoring, including a nice 45-50 yd td pass. I think I heard on the radio that the Pirates had about 420 yards of total offense. Im not sure about LC, but I'd think they had about 200-250 or so.

Good observations. LC is young and hopefully will gel as the year goes on. The future is bright in Louisa all the way down through the youth league. Unfortunatly some problems with the Administration has hurt the Bulldogs football team. They have missed out on coaches that the Administration should have gotten in there and lost coaches that should have been kept! Kids have transfered out because the schools were doing awful etc. I think some changes have been made (there needs to be more) but it looks like things are getting back on the upswing.

Belfry has really represented the mountains well. The announcer last night talked about LC being the team of the 90's and Belfry the team of the new millenium in Eastern KY. I know we pull for you guys when you are in Louisville. Classy program, classy coach and classy fans! Good luck the rest of the year. I am with you on the turnovers, that is one problem that will have to be fixed. Good luck!:thumb:

I would like to see LC get back to the dominating program they once were, stick1. It seems like there is a downswing in talent but the biggest difference to me is they don't walk with that same swagger. It is tough to see them struggle, but if the young talent is there, Goldsmith will get them there with the right support. :thumb:

How many turnovers did Belfry have?

I'm not sure about the exact number. I can remember at least 2 that they lost, maybe 3. And they put it on the ground 2 or 3 more times and recovered it themselves.

Seems to be a recurring problem that needs to be corrected.

Was pleased to see Haywood try the long field goal. From the radio commentary, it had plenty of distance, just pushed it a bit.

We lost at least 3 fumbles Blues Brother. You right, it must be reduced in order to win big competitive games. Belfry is always gonna fumble some with the offense they run, but it must be limited. Hopefully it will improve as the season wears on.

IMO Lc needs a coaching change very badly. He had had his chances and he has had his time to build on and still nothing is happening. I dont look for Coach Goldsmith to stick around to much longer! Good luck to the dawgs the rest of the season.