Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry 28 Lawrence Co 6

Featured Replies

I didn't know LCs quarterback was a freshman, but it did look like they were a young team. With all due respect, I thought they played hard and were pretty physical, but they are going to struggle in their district. They played with a lot of emotion and hung around with Belfry for a quarter or so. Their defense really played well in the first quarter and showed a lot of promise. But other than a couple of nice 10 yard out passes and one big run, the offense really didn't move the ball all night until Belfry put their reserves in the game in the closing minutes.

 

Belfry again put the ball on the ground way to much, stalling a coule of drives down close by giving the ball away. I thought both QBs played well, but it was Elkins' night to shine. The young sophomore led all the scoring, including a nice 45-50 yd td pass. I think I heard on the radio that the Pirates had about 420 yards of total offense. Im not sure about LC, but I'd think they had about 200-250 or so.

 

I do believe that LC played with them more than a quarter. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Belfry scored until there was about 4 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. They scored again right before half time. It was only 14-6 at half time. I think that LC was without their starting linebacker Coty Roberts for most of the game because they wanted to rest his shoulder that was injured in last week's game. When he did go in, he made a lot of stops and looked good. Still the team is showing promise and I think that we will continue to grow. Always a good game with Belfry and good luck to the Pirates next week. Go Dawgs.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many yards did May have??

You are right on all accounts, Nemo. When Lawrence scored midway the 2nd Q, the momentum shifted and Belfry pretty much took over from there. The only thing that stopped Belfry from that point on was Belfry. I should have said a quarter and a half. I meant no disrespect, I wish nothing but the best for the bulldogs.

 

I think May had about 120, with 60 or so coming on a long run for the last TD. Chapman had about 95 and Epling had a little over 100. All according to WXCC post game comments which I caught just a little of.

How many yards did May have??

 

 

 

136 :thumb:

You are right on all accounts, Nemo. When Lawrence scored midway the 2nd Q, the momentum shifted and Belfry pretty much took over from there.

 

:confused:

I'm sorry how does the momentum change when LC scores? umm, I mean they did score first. I think that Belfry was able to wear us down because of their depth as the game went on (in the second half), but I hardly think that that Belfry was in control from there. I think that Belfry is a real good ball team and I am not taking anything away from their win. Perhaps it depended on which side you were watching the game from, but the game was still LC's to win, even after a quarter and a half :rolleyes: There is no doubt that LC will need to change some things as they go into their district games. Once again though, congrats to Belfry and I truly hope they continue to do well the rest of their season.

  • Author

Who remaining on the schedule can the bulldogs beat?

Who remaining on the schedule can the bulldogs beat?

 

Well, I would say that on any given Friday. any team and I mean any team can be beat. I would assume that the Dawgs think that they can win all of them. But once they get into district, I think that we will have to step it up. Seriously, I think that JC will be the most difficult and my head may be in the clouds, but one never knows. ;) The dawgs will take one game at a time and we are looking forward to Pike County Central.

:confused:

I'm sorry how does the momentum change when LC scores? umm, I mean they did score first. I think that Belfry was able to wear us down because of their depth as the game went on (in the second half), but I hardly think that that Belfry was in control from there. I think that Belfry is a real good ball team and I am not taking anything away from their win. Perhaps it depended on which side you were watching the game from, but the game was still LC's to win, even after a quarter and a half :rolleyes: There is no doubt that LC will need to change some things as they go into their district games. Once again though, congrats to Belfry and I truly hope they continue to do well the rest of their season.

 

When LC scored, it seemed like that was the end of their offense. I don't know how many first downs they got after that, but it wasn't many. And after that score, it was a different ball game from that point on. Belfry marched down the field and scored twice before the quarter ended and moved the ball very well the rest of the night.

 

As you said, maybe it depends on your perspective. :thumb:

:confused:

I'm sorry how does the momentum change when LC scores? umm, I mean they did score first. I think that Belfry was able to wear us down because of their depth as the game went on (in the second half), but I hardly think that that Belfry was in control from there. I think that Belfry is a real good ball team and I am not taking anything away from their win. Perhaps it depended on which side you were watching the game from, but the game was still LC's to win, even after a quarter and a half :rolleyes: There is no doubt that LC will need to change some things as they go into their district games. Once again though, congrats to Belfry and I truly hope they continue to do well the rest of their season.

After they scored is when Belfry woke up and played ball. When LC scored Belfrys players started playing harder and took over the game.
IMO Lc needs a coaching change very badly. He had had his chances and he has had his time to build on and still nothing is happening. I dont look for Coach Goldsmith to stick around to much longer! Good luck to the dawgs the rest of the season.

 

HOLD UP!! LC does not need a coaching change. Goldsmith is doing a good job with the talent he has. Outside of a couple really good players the talent level drops off drastically due to mostly of inexperience and youth. I believe Kyle Carter and Coty Roberts can bring this team along. LC IMO is another year away from being close to where they was a few years ago.

Friday's game was the first game I have attended in over two years, not because of not wanting to go but because of where I live. But what I saw was alot kids playing alot harder with less talent than McPeek or Chuke had there. Goldsmith IMO has about the same talent level that he had when he took over the program in the 80's. I am not taking anything away from the kids who work hard week in and week out, But as the saying goes everything goes in cycles. And right now LC is in a bad cycle. But like Stick1 says the talent is there but it alot of it is in the youth. There are several guys like I mentioned above who have been playing since their freshman years and now are expected to be the saviors of this team when actually they are building the team by showing the youth how to play the game.

LC will be all right when they get those younger players developed and ready to play. GO DAWGS!!!

After they scored is when Belfry woke up and played ball. When LC scored Belfrys players started playing harder and took over the game.

 

You are right. When LC scored Belfry's coaching staff I am sure told them that if they let LC hang around it would be a long night. But the very next drive Belfry flexed their muscles, LC played well and the way I seen it was actually 21-6 until tacked on the late touchdown. I didn't think the wet conditions played a big part in the game. The field was in good shape and it really never rained really hard the whole game, just a steady drizzle all night.

Did #40 Chad Steele play for Belfry last night? I didn't hear his named called once all night.

 

No he did not play...not sure if he'll play anymore this year. Send me a private message and I can pass along what I know..but it wouldn't be right to discuss on the boards.

Hopefully I dont get my self in trouble but Goldsmith is not the coach he use to be in the 80's and 90's. If it was me, I would fire every single coach there and hire a completly new staff. The talent is there..but the coaching isnt and thats the reason the dawgs are 0-3. How can the young players get better when they dont even condition anymore. It's like the coaches has gave up on trying and just quit. If you went to a practice, you'd be amazed how poorly the coaches are doing. I attend almost every practice and I feel like taking over and doing the job for the coaches. Mark this down also...Goldsmith is leaveing after this year. One more thing 7-18 is not on the rise up, so i dont know where you get that from. Hope everyone proves me wrong though, I'm a bulldog and have lived in Lawrence co. all my life and these past couple seasons are a embarrsment. I'm not trying to stir up problems...just a couple of my opinions!

How many times will the train wreck before things change for L-County?

LC is a very young team so they will crawl before they walk. However, they have some talented kids who believe in what they are doing so the future looks bright for the Bulldogs. I hope the fans are patient and keep a positive attitude toward the kids.

Offensively, Belfry was offensive during much of the first half. The strength of this Pirate team right now is their defense. Very stingy in the run game...and improving in the passing game. They're very young...playing many sophs and juniors. Offensively, they just seem a little out of sync. Looking too much for a big play instead of playing Belfry grind it out football. They've got plenty of room for improvement

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.