Everything posted by OutlawJoseyWales
-
1A #8 Paris at 4A Harrison County
I think Harrison gets back on the winning side of things this week.
-
2A #8 Newport Central Catholic at 3A #4 Belfry
Belfry's running game really got going against Bryan Station. I simply don't see NCC being able to control the LOS and slow down that run attack.
-
BluegrassPreps Class 3A Football Rankings (9/3) Discussion
Until someone knocks off Boyle....they're #1 in my book. I think Central is #2 with Corbin a very close 3rd. Lex Cath appears to be improved over the last two years and IMO, the jury is still out on Belfry. The postseason road trips could prove to be the fly in Boyle's ointment....but I've not seen any real chink in their armour to this point. It's early. Their O-line will get better. However.....I don't think their depth is as strong as I originally thought. An untimely injury could put a lot of these teams...including Boyle in harms way.
-
BluegrassPreps Class 3A Football Rankings (9/3) Discussion
I still feel Boyle is the prohibitive favorite....with Central and maybe Corbin a close 2nd/3rd. Belfry is a work in progress. Going to be an interesting season without a doubt
-
2A #8 Newport Central Catholic at 3A #4 Belfry
Belfry's offense looked much improved with the return of starting QB Avery Browning last Friday against Bryan Station. Don't see NCC being able to slow down the Pirates at home. Belfry by 28+
-
KHSAA Participation Numbers Reach Record Levels in 2017-18
It's a lot closer than you think. Youth football participation numbers have been steadily on the decline for the past several years. Granted, some of those kids may indeed begin playing ball at the high school level.....but the vast majority will not. Baseball, at one time was this country's favorite pastime. Then football come on like a freight train. But, erosion starts at the youth level. It happened in baseball....and it's happening in football.
-
KHSAA Participation Numbers Reach Record Levels in 2017-18
Unfortunately, this is just the beginning. The tip of the proverbial iceberg. Over the next three years, I'll predict right now, that football numbers will continue to see a marked drop in participation. Youth participation numbers are on a sharp decline. Middle school numbers are down virtually every where. In Central and North Central KY alone, there are no less than 5-8 programs that can't field a 7th grade team. Folks, reality is here. Football IS ON THE DECLINE. Gonna be a bumpy ride.
-
AAU Football state wide just like basketball? Who supports it?
I'm saying that most will tell you that sports has become too intertwined in the educational process, and that many view it as a hindrance overall. Many will tell you that, not only is it a drain on school resources, but they would openly welcome the elimination of many club and team sports....including football. Financially, virtually all HS sports programs are dogs in terms of making money. They don't. Monies end up being pulled from the general fund much of the time. Certainly, there are programs that are successful enough and that interest is high enough, that financially, they support themselves AND support many other non revenue sports. But for every school that has that type of program, there are 6-8 schools are literally lose money. If not for Booster clubs, many of the school sponsored sports would have already been eliminated due to the financial drain. I for one, don't want to see these changes. Unfortunately, from everything I'm hearing.....there are coming at some point. I've not even mentioned the whole "transgender issue" that is afoot in this country. Believe me, school administrators are keenly aware of the unbelievable cost that could potentially come with this issue.
-
AAU Football state wide just like basketball? Who supports it?
Sorry folks.....but some of ya'll are fooling yourself. School systems "tolerate" sports....they don't embrace them. 90% of the high level administrators will tell you the same thing. Yeah, there is money to be made....but it pales in comparison to what is spent. I'm not saying that all high school sports will be impacted....but, the landscape is changing.
-
AAU Football state wide just like basketball? Who supports it?
You're gonna see more and more of this. High School sports as we have known them for decades is changing. IMO, football will be impacted. Maybe not as much as other sports, but impacted nonetheless.
-
Bardstown 2018
So how did Bardstown look? I heard that Harrison dominated that scrimmage?? is that accurate? Just curious. If so, does Harrison look that much improved, coming off an 0-10 year, albeit now with Ray Graham at the helm.
-
BluegrassPreps Class 3A Pre-Season Rankings (Discussion)
The West should be wide open....but I don't think anyone other there can or will challenge the top 4
-
BluegrassPreps Class 1A Pre-Season Rankings (Discussion)
1A Champion will be either Beechwood or Pikeville.
-
BluegrassPreps Class 3A Pre-Season Rankings (Discussion)
I do think Boyle is the best in the class. Wide range of talent, speed and athleticism. All that being said, IMO, their depth is a question mark. An injury or two, could be very problematic. I think Central is solidly 2nd with Belfry and Corbin fighting it out for the 3rd spot. IMO, Corbin will miss Sizemore a lot more than they realize. Hard to replace his field leadership. Belfry is the fly in the ointment IMO. They have some big holes to fill. But, if they advance into November and Boyle has to make the long 4 1/2 hour drive....that could be a game changer. Interested to see how it plays out......
-
Trimble County cancels 2018 football season due to low numbers
This is just the beginning. Over the next several years, we're gonna see more and more schools folding their programs. Not gonna be limited to just football....
-
Longest Losing Streaks (entering 2018)
Be interested to see if Harrison Co can turn things around under new coach Ray Graham. I think they'll be off this losing streak list fairly soon.
-
Trimble County cancels 2018 football season due to low numbers
I'm hearing due to public outcry, they delayed the decision until sometime today. supposedly, a last ditch call for players started at 8 AM this morning
-
Bracken County 2018
Hearing that Bracken is struggling to get kids out. Hoping for 20+ by time school starts? is this correct?
-
Boyle County 2018
Boyle Co should be, without a doubt the prohibitive favorite to win 3A. IMO, there is a significant drop off in overall talent beyond the top 3-4 teams statewide at the 3A level...and Boyle is a good step and half ahead of the other 3. Corbin, Central and Belfry will all be chasing Boyle.....whether anyone can catch them remains to be seen
-
Surprise team
Sorry, but I don't see that. Way too young and playing in a district that's filled with athletes. Didn't see a physical style of play from them last year, and IMO, finesse won't get it done. JMHO
-
Harrison County hires Ray Graham
This is a very good hire for Harrison Co. Definitely an upgrade over the past few coaches walking their sideline. Under Graham, Harrison Co was a very solid program that was just a play or two away from advancing to finals weekend on a couple different occasions. Does he still have the magic? Only time will tell.
-
Wayyyy Too Early Top 5 Class 4A
Believe me......I think Preston is a heckuva coach. He's done good things everywhere he went. That being said, FS lost a lot. I just don't know if the talent will be there to make it back to Kroger Field. It won't be the lack of coaching.
-
Wayyyy Too Early Top 5 Class 4A
Interesting top 5. I think FS will be stout again this season....but I'm not sure if Preston can work his magic for a 3rd straight trip to the championship. FS has some holes to fill...so we'll have to see how it washes out. I think JC will be better if the Jackson kid is back 100%. That remains to be seen. IMO, Ashland is too high. Hoptown should be strong. Gonna be interesting out west
-
Wayyyy Too Early Top 5 Class 1A
1A is definitely very stout in the top 4-5 teams. However, I do agree there is a sharp cut off.
-
Wayyyy Too Early Top 5 Class 5A
Is this the year Highlands returns to their old form? Are they worthy of a top 10 ranking?