Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Surprise team

Featured Replies

What teams do you think will be significantly better this year after subpar season last year? I’m going with Manual. They were 3-8 last year but lost several close games. They had 2nd best frosh team in Jefferson county last year so have some young talent. Their QB was sophmore last year and have D-1 running back. I believe they will have winning record this year.

Louisville Butler

Louisville Butler

 

I thought Butler was significantly better last year. Didn't they knock Male out?

I thought Butler was significantly better last year. Didn't they knock Male out?

 

Yes, beat Ryle, then Male the next week. They were a solid team.

Louisville Butler was 6-4 after the regular season. Made a solid run in the playoffs. Return several key players from that team.

Watch out for Hopkinsville in 4A. Last year, they struggled early against a brutal schedule before making a run to the region finals. With their QB and four offensive linemen returning, plus the addition of Ellis Dunn from Christian County, they could improve greatly on last year's 6-7 mark. You know they'll have athletes.

 

Also, look for bounce back seasons from Owensboro and Pulaski County in 5A. Both were 4-7 last year and return a lot of talent and experience.

Bardstown should be much better than last years 3-7 mark.

I think Cooper might surprise some folks. They played a ton of young kids last year and that may pay off big this and next season with all the varsity experience those kids have garnered.

I can see Paducah Tilghman as a surprise team this year just on inspiration after all that has happened with Coach Duncan. Eventually, the Blue Tornado will get their swagger back and shock someone this year, whether it be McCracken County, Graves County, Mayfield, or Caldwell County.

Manual has some nice freshmen joining their program this year as well. Juwaan Northington I think could make an impact this year. The future generally looks good for Scott Carmony's program considering they only had 16 freshman kids come out two years ago. Very tough District though of course if I am not mistaken with St. X and Male.

Bardstown should be much better than last years 3-7 mark.

 

Sorry, but I don't see that. Way too young and playing in a district that's filled with athletes. Didn't see a physical style of play from them last year, and IMO, finesse won't get it done. JMHO

Sorry, but I don't see that. Way too young and playing in a district that's filled with athletes. Didn't see a physical style of play from them last year, and IMO, finesse won't get it done. JMHO

 

Other than Central, not sure who you are talking about. The guys from Waggener are gone, and TNHS and Henry don't have any. Thank you, though, for the bulletin board material. I guess we can revisit it at the end of the year.

I am going to throw Fairview into this discussion. New coach who is the son of Fairview's winningest coach. Dad is on staff. Program has winning in its roots.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.