Riots in North Carolina over shooting

jericho

Fair enough.

As to the bolded, I never said it was "conveinient", but in situations like this when it isn't, you can understand why some may feel it wasn't just an accident, can't you?

Why are police officers always doubted first and proven correct in how they handled the situation second? I know there are some bad actors in law enforcement but come on, they handle most situations correctly by an almost perfect margin. With the way they have been disrespected lately, why would anyone choose to have this job for a career? I read an article that they were lowering requirements on applications to the academy. How does lowering standards give us a more highly trained officer?

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are police officers always doubted first and proven correct in how they handled the situation second? I know there are some bad actors in law enforcement but come on, they handle most situations correctly by an almost perfect margin. With the way they have been disrespected lately, why would anyone choose to have this job for a career? I read an article that they were lowering requirements on applications to the academy. How does lowering standards give us a more highly trained officer?

For me, whether it's an officer or anyone else, any time there's a loss of life I think it's the right thing to do to figure out if the situation could've been handled differently that would've prevented that loss of life.

Must have missed the part where the law considered an unborn child a life.

While morally, I may agree with you, we're talking about whether a death is a legally justified loss of life. In the case of abortion, legally it is.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/fetal-homicide-state-laws.aspx

Love how some laws consider it a life and some don't. It you intentional murder the baby via abortion it is Ok, but if someone else kills it, it is fetal homicide.

Must have missed the part where the law considered an unborn child a life.

While morally, I may agree with you, we're talking about whether a death is a legally justified loss of life. In the case of abortion, legally it is.

I think the Roe vs.Wade decision has hurt us as a nation. An unborn child has been refused the life he or she is entitled to. So you state the unborn life can be legally taken? How can one life be valued more highly than another? Any life lost is one too many.

For me, whether it's an officer or anyone else, any time there's a loss of life I think it's the right thing to do to figure out if the situation could've been handled differently that would've prevented that loss of life.

From both perspectives?

Stolen gun. Threatened to kill his wife and child and had physical assaulted them. Restraining order. According to wife had threated the police and called himself "a killer". Had a gun at the scene and was evidently in his hand at the time of the shooting. Ignored police commands.

Stolen gun. Threatened to kill his wife and child and had physical assaulted them. Restraining order. According to wife had threated the police and called himself "a killer". Had a gun at the scene and was evidently in his hand at the time of the shooting. Ignored police commands.

...and all that really matters is did he have a gun in his hand and pose a threat. If so, we're done. If not, we've got a problem.

The rest just tells us the family was misleading us but, in the end, immaterial.

...and all that really matters is did he have a gun in his hand and pose a threat. If so, we're done. If not, we've got a problem.

The rest just tells us the family was misleading us but, in the end, immaterial.

It all interrelates and shows the guy had a propensity to act the way he did in that situation.