Riots in North Carolina over shooting

jericho

It all interrelates and shows the guy had a propensity to act the way he did in that situation.

Correct.

Again, all that matters is what he was doing when he was shot. Nothing else matters. It's just for conversation and explanation. If he didn't have a gun or if he wasn't threatening then the rest doesn't matter. That's my point.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another from the "it doesn't matter but it's weird" category.

When I first heard the story I thought the guy was in his truck at a school waiting to pick up a family member.

Instead, he was in the parking lot of his apartment building as in right outside from where he lives. Why was he just sitting in his truck in his own lot? Strange.

The rest just tells us the family was misleading us but, in the end, immaterial.

It is immaterial to whether the police acted properly but I don't understand the desire to paint a picture in a false manner to the public. It hurts more than helps and in a lot of people's minds the rioting and looting was started over a lie. It hurts protesting over real legitimate concerns and that bothers me more than anything else in these situations. In all of these BLM debates people love to mention Mike Brown and now soon they'll mention Charlotte. All that does is ruin debates about Baton Rouge, Minnesota, Baltimore, Eric Garner and others. They aren't helping the cause by being misleading.

It is immaterial to whether the police acted properly but I don't understand the desire to paint a picture in a false manner to the public. It hurts more than helps and in a lot of people's minds the rioting and looting was started over a lie. It hurts protesting over real legitimate concerns and that bothers me more than anything else in these situations. In all of these BLM debates people love to mention Mike Brown and now soon they'll mention Charlotte. All that does is ruin debates about Baton Rouge, Minnesota, Baltimore, Eric Garner and others. They aren't helping the cause by being misleading.

Absolutely 100% correct that it is a problem when the family members and witnesses lie.

You keep mentioning Baltimore PP92. Half of the officers were found not guilty and the rest of them had the charges dismissed. Don't you think this falls into the category with Mike Brown? If not, why?

You keep mentioning Baltimore PP92. Half of the officers were found not guilty and the rest of them had the charges dismissed. Don't you think this falls into the category with Mike Brown? If not, why?

No. I'll never be convinced those cops don't know what happened to him while in their custody. Can it be proven? Nope. It is next to impossible to prove a cop had ill intent when bad incidents take place.

• 2 months later...