Riots in North Carolina over shooting

jericho

At least 12 Charlotte cops injured in protests following officer-involved death of black man | Fox News

The protests broke out Tuesday after 43-year-old Keith Lamont Scott was fatally shot by a black officer

Police Department tweeted that demonstrators were destroying marked police vehicles and that approximately 12 officers had been injured, including one who was hit in the face with a rock.

Shelby's attorney has said Crutcher was not following the officers' commands and that Shelby was concerned because he kept reaching for his pocket as if he were carrying a weapon

Seven police officers and a civilian were taken to hospitals, officials said at 4 a.m. ET.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least 12 Charlotte cops injured in protests following officer-involved death of black man | Fox News

The protests broke out Tuesday after 43-year-old Keith Lamont Scott was fatally shot by a black officer

Police Department tweeted that demonstrators were destroying marked police vehicles and that approximately 12 officers had been injured, including one who was hit in the face with a rock.

Shelby's attorney has said Crutcher was not following the officers' commands and that Shelby was concerned because he kept reaching for his pocket as if he were carrying a weapon

Seven police officers and a civilian were taken to hospitals, officials said at 4 a.m. ET.

Crutcher and Shelby are from the Tulsa shooting. What do they have to do with the riots in North Carolina?

Live update on Fox right now. Officer says the man had a gun and exited the car with it. Officers ordered him to drop it and he didn't. Gun was recovered from the scene.

Let's say he did own a gun, and had his concealed carry permit. If he was at his own apartment complex, what would cause the police to approach him?

Is it common standard practice for officers to approach everyone that they see with a firearm?

You know who don't get shot? People who don't break laws and don't mess with the police.

Now don't get me wrong, there have been instances of police brutality and wrongful deaths but we can't have an uproar every single time someone is arrested or shot. Don't threaten police officers in any way, ever.

From the CNN article:

Scott died at Carolinas Medical Center. A gun he was holding was found at the scene, police said.

You know who don't get shot? People who don't break laws and don't mess with the police.

Now don't get me wrong, there have been instances of police brutality and wrongful deaths but we can't have an uproar every single time someone is arrested or shot. Don't threaten police officers in any way, ever.

From the CNN article:

Scott died at Carolinas Medical Center. A gun he was holding was found at the scene, police said.

Did he break a law? Where does it mention that he threatened police?

Let's say he did own a gun, and had his concealed carry permit. If he was at his own apartment complex, what would cause the police to approach him?

Is it common standard practice for officers to approach everyone that they see with a firearm?

If a police officer sees you with a gun, he/she is going to approach you every time whether you have a permit or not.

If you have a permit, you should put the gun down and then work the rest out with the officers.

Did he break a law? Where does it mention that he threatened police?

"A gun he was holding..."

There's no time to ask questions in a tense situation like this. Police are darned if they do and darned if they don't.

There may be more to this story and I'll change my opinion if that's the case.

There's no time to ask questions in a tense situation like this. Police are darned if they do and darned if they don't.

There may be more to this story and I'll change my opinion if that's the case.

So is it your opinion that officers should just shoot first and ask questions later every time they see someone in possession of a firearm?

I agree, there has to be more to the story.

So is it your opinion that officers should just shoot first and ask questions later every time they see someone in possession of a firearm?

There's a huge difference between possessing a firearm and holding a firearm in your hand as police approach you and tell you to drop it.

I will say IMO a cop dont have much time to ask questions if it only takes about a split second for a guy to pull the trigger and kill the cop.