How Many NFL Players Will Take Knees During the Anthem This Week?

Science Friction

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom line is people are focused on how these people are protesting because they don't want to deal with why they are protesting. It's really that simple.

That's a dicussion for another day but what I will say is that race issues have gotten worse. If you ask me it has more to do with the protests than racism. I think things like BLM create a lot of this tension. Not saying it wasn't there before but I think both sides are quicker to jump the gun now as opposed to in the past. JMO.

You're right. Because the racists don't like being called out.

Racist? Sure, probably right.

Average white person being cast as an "other"? Not at all.

Do you honestly think that the majority of cops are racist?

Is this culture not creating the problem to where if a cop is called into certain parts of town they worry about what may happen? If you're black and a cop shows up, you wonder about what may happen? We live in fear now. Not just on race relations, but in all aspects of life. You see it at sporting events, schools, airports, our homes.

Creating separation and casting the other race, sexual orientation, religion, etc. with a broad brush as the "other or enemy" is not going to fix anything. If anything BLM has become what they strive to fight against.

If Kaepernicks protest was going to work it would be one thing. But disrespecting the country and the soldiers who fight to protect it sickens me. How about promote a positive message? Who was more successful MLK or Malcolm X?

Racist? Sure, probably right.

Average white person being cast as an "other"? Not at all.

Do you honestly think that the majority of cops are racist?

Is this culture not creating the problem to where if a cop is called into certain parts of town they worry about what may happen? If you're black and a cop shows up, you wonder about what may happen? We live in fear now. Not just on race relations, but in all aspects of life. You see it at sporting events, schools, airports, our homes.

Creating separation and casting the other race, sexual orientation, religion, etc. with a broad brush as the "other or enemy" is not going to fix anything. If anything BLM has become what they strive to fight against.

If Kaepernicks protest was going to work it would be one thing. But disrespecting the country and the soldiers who fight to protect it sickens me. How about promote a positive message? Who was more successful MLK or Malcolm X?

No. I do not believe the majority of cops are racist. I think the largest portion of cops are the good guys, doing the job for the right reasons.

But I do believe the good guys aren't doing enough to call out the bad guys in the profession. People should be afraid to be racists and be cops.

That idea shouldn't be limited to police either. If people were really about helping fix the situation, they would call out their friends/neighbors/co-workers who are either blatantly racist or have racist tendencies. By saying nothing, those people are doing nothing and not helping the situation.

That's the issue. For decades upon decades, as a whole, these issues weren't talked about. Or if they were talked about, the masses weren't included because of the lack of social media. I don't think things are dramatically different today than they have been, but everyone can see it now. People don't want to talk about these issues because it makes them uncomfortable.

While I may not agree with how people choose to protest, I do agree with the why. Violence is never the answer. Outside of that, anything that stimulates conversation on these issues is a good thing, IMO.

Deuce -- You think the average white cop gets a fair shake in a black neighborhood ? Or is he pre judged as a racist, no good pig before he ever gets a chance ? Do black people step in when blacks are being racist ? How many blacks are calling out blacks for racism ? I'm not seeing it .

Deuce -- You think the average white cop gets a fair shake in a black neighborhood ? Or is he pre judged as a racist, no good pig before he ever gets a chance ? Do black people step in when blacks are being racist ? How many blacks are calling out blacks for racism ? I'm not seeing it .

I think it depends on the neighborhood. If the white cops in a particular neighborhood have always been fair, I think they probably do. If the cops work on building relationships with the people in the neighborhood, I think they probably do.

As far as blacks calling out blacks, this is one area that I feel black people are also responsible for in these issues. They have to do the same in calling out their peers as white people do, and that's an issue for some of them. I just recently got into it on Facebook with some folks who said it was impossible for black people to be racist. Their argument was that you had to have some sort of "power" to be racist, and that black people have never had that power. I (as respectfully as I possibly could) told them that was one of the most ignorant things I had ever read.

I have called out blacks for being racist. I'm more apt to call out blacks for being racist than whites because more often than not racist blacks won't try to hide it. They'll own it.

Do white people call out other white people for being racist because I sure don't see it. Ever.

As for your cop question I bet a white cop in a black neighborhood gets a more of a fair shake in a black neighborhood than a black cop does. I'll also add that there is an ungodly amount of interaction

between white cops and blacks in black neighborhoods everyday across this country. I'd say they get more of a fair shake than you think.

Why is the action of kneeling considered okay to pray, but disrespectful to the flag?

It's the same body position.

Why are we so up in arms over a players body position during the anthem, but rarely bat an eye over the myriad of people who play on their phones, talk, chug their beer, etc while standing during the anthem?

Being on a knee, or sitting, in silence during the anthem is MUCH more respectful than doing any of those things while standing. IMO of course.

No, it is not the same body language. Taking A knee is one knee or I guess you could loosely call it genuflecting , kneeling is two knees. There is no respect in this type of taking a knee. And the other body stances you commented on are disrespectful also. And I have shushed other people before. But I still do not know exactly what brought this activity about?

No, it is not the same body language. Taking A knee is one knee or I guess you could loosely call it genuflecting , kneeling is two knees. There is no respect in this type of taking a knee. And the other body stances you commented on are disrespectful also. And I have shushed other people before. But I still do not know exactly what brought this activity about?

Kaepernick is Asking for Justice; Not Peace

It's discussed quite a bit in this thread...