How Many NFL Players Will Take Knees During the Anthem This Week?

Science Friction

You can't be offended by me calling you out for your interpretation of the 1st ammendment when you clearly threw shade at a lot of posters based on your incorrect understanding of the ammendment.

You're a very interesting individual Lipton. You don't now, nor have you ever, offended me. I'd have to care about you to let you offend me, and I don't even know you nor do I believe we've ever met, so that isn't in the cards. I specifically said I found your personal attack (then and now) funny. Doesn't bother me in the least. You and I differ on how many posters have chosen to criticize him, and the why's and how's, but at the end of the day, I shan't be offended at your remarks, no matter how you choose to frame them nor deliver them.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hold the assertion that as a society, we are so far removed from understanding how great of nation we reside in, imperfect as it may be. The apathy that sets in, does nothing but harm this country, very incrementally.

We are a great and imperfect nation. Greatest nation on the planet without question. I don't need to recite the anthem at every sporting event for me to recognize how great of a country we are. I realize it when I travel abroad. I realize it when I travel across the country. I realize it when I exercise my right to vote. I realize it everyday when I wake up and function as an American. I don't need an anthem to remind me of those truths. I recognize these truths when I wake up everyday with the freedoms we all share in this country as Americans.

Again, my comments have all been general. I didn't single anybody out.

If it hits too close to home, maybe you need to look in the mirror.

If the shoe doesn't fit you, then don't worry about it...

It doesn't hit anywhere close to me, if being patriotic and loving my country is labeling me a racist, because I did not know and had never read the third verse of the National Anthem which I finally found and was his gripe from last week,for myself because the two sources I was sent to were the same sources quoted from in the old thread "CK is asking for justice not peace." I thought this newer thread was about something new that had occurred. Nothing new there, but there were more headlines I read about broader participation throughout sports programs. And questions about support. So, with the approach of the 9/11 15th Anniversary and who will and who will not respect a flag, that has blood on it shed by all ethnicities on it, apparently that is the true subject of this new thread.

You're a very interesting individual Lipton. You don't now, nor have you ever, offended me. I'd have to care about you to let you offend me, and I don't even know you nor do I believe we've ever met, so that isn't in the cards. I specifically said I found your personal attack (then and now) funny. Doesn't bother me in the least. You and I differ on how many posters have chosen to criticize him, and the why's and how's, but at the end of the day, I shan't be offended at your remarks, no matter how you choose to frame them nor deliver them.

BGP's most interesting man.