Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Many NFL Players Will Take Knees During the Anthem This Week?

Featured Replies

I couldn't tell you. I haven't been paying attention to problems that have plagued Appalachia since the Civil Rights movement and I haven't studied why Appalachia hasn't been able to overcome the mass imprisonment of all of their fathers or why they engage in self destructive behavior that has them killing each other over land they don't own. Who is Appalachia's version of Tupac because I have been listening to Tupac since 1991 and he has painted a clear picture of what is going on in the inner cities in a lot of his music and I admittedly don't know of any rap artists from Appalachia that can paint a picture of their struggle. I have a son in Appalachia and he hopes to become a cop one day so maybe he'll be able to clue me in on the struggle in Appalachia. I guess the only thing I know about Appalachia is that coal mining is a disappearing industry and as a result jobs allowing people to support their families are scarce and as a result things look bleak for Appalachia. I guess their only means of support is drug dealing. Hmmmm, and some would say the government is behind the proliferation of coal and causing the destruction of Appalachia.

 

On second thought that sounds familiar and something the government has practice with. Hmmmmmm.......

 

No offense but Tupac has been dead 20 years. He can't tell you about what's going on anywhere in present day America.

 

I think you're spot on though about Appalachia's problems and the dying coal industry.

 

I don't think I want to hear Appalachia's version of Tupac, btw.

  • Replies 391
  • Views 36.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just entered his thread for the first time and I didn't read all 11 pages, so I don't know what has and has not been discussed.

 

But I'm sure that the word that the entire Seahawks team will be joining in on the protest?

 

I can't say that I don't care, IMO people can do as they please as long as they are not nothing anyone else, they have the freedom to do so. But, the issues of what is being protested needs to be adressed, we need to talk about those issues no matter what we think if those issues. This is one reason why I say "I can't say I don't care", as that seems to be what some of this is about, that people didn't care to discuss and/ or solve the issues.

 

In the grand scheme of things here is a lot more to worry about than if someone stands or sits during the anthem, including people dying needlessly and/or being killed, that is where my focus, as well as prayers, are on.

No offense but Tupac has been dead 20 years. He can't tell you about what's going on anywhere in present day America.

 

I think you're spot on though about Appalachia's problems and the dying coal industry.

 

I don't think I want to hear Appalachia's version of Tupac, btw.

 

Come on, la. If you're missing my point about how long the black community has been in this cycle then I don't know how else to be more clear about it. The problems of the inner cities has been prevalent since the 1980s. That's how long black people have been speaking out against it and actively fighting to save the black family. Go listen to some old Tupac. His first album in particular. He's been dead 20 years and nothing has changed. Carry on though, nothing to see here, move along now.

 

 

I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard Tupac was shot and where I was when he died 6 days later. I know he's dead.

Come on, la. If you're missing my point about how long the black community has been in this cycle then I don't know how else to be more clear about it. The problems of the inner cities has been prevalent since the 1980s. That's how long black people have been speaking out against it and actively fighting to save the black family. Go listen to some old Tupac. His first album in particular. He's been dead 20 years and nothing has changed. Carry on though, nothing to see here, move along now.

 

 

I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard Tupac was shot and where I was when he died 6 days later. I know he's dead.

 

Don't get me wrong; I agree with you about the inner cities. Maybe not to the extent that you say but still no argument from me. I don't particularly wish to put Tupac on a pedestal though. I like my community activists to not get gunned down living a thug life.

Don't get me started on all these rap stars who promote the drug and gun culture that feeds the problems of the inner cities as well.

I agree but IMO this is a naive train of thought over the entire situation plaguing the inner cities. If it was that easy change would have happened back in the late 1980s/early 1990s when the black community began preaching this message on a nationwide scale. I think you are underestimating how easy it is to fall in the vicious cycle of an inner city lifestyle especially when you are looking at families who have had no hope since the 1960s.

It's definitely not as easy. It didn't happen over night and will take generations to change. And it will take outside help outside for it to work.

It's definitely not as easy. It didn't happen over night and will take generations to change. And it will take outside help outside for it to work.

 

I agree 100%.

Marshall's decision to take a knee during the anthem has cost him an endorsement .

Too many players doing it will only further delay the discussion of the true issue and keep it focused on the act of protest.

Too many players doing it will only further delay the discussion of the true issue and keep it focused on the act of protest.

 

I agree, but I'm not surprised either. CK didn't handle this well and when patriotism is questioned you can expect backlash. Isn't there some #BoycottNFL thing on twitter now?

Ive said this before but this country is closer and closer to its next civil war. Probably will happen in my lifetime.

Ive said this before but this country is closer and closer to its next civil war. Probably will happen in my lifetime.

 

I say WWIII is a lot closer.

I say WWIII is a lot closer.

 

I wouldnt be surprised if our Civil war starts WWIII.

I agree, but I'm not surprised either. CK didn't handle this well and when patriotism is questioned you can expect backlash. Isn't there some #BoycottNFL thing on twitter now?

 

Yes but that misses the mark in a major way. There will never be enough people to boycott the NFL to make even the slightest difference. Knee jerk reaction by the most hardcore patriots in America.

Ive said this before but this country is closer and closer to its next civil war. Probably will happen in my lifetime.

 

Not even close to a chance of that happening.

Marshall's decision to take a knee during the anthem has cost him an endorsement .

 

It cost him being a spokesperson for a local credit union. While it is technically an endorsement I doubt it is a significant amount of money. I wouldn't be surprised if a black owned business seeks him out to be their spokesperson. Ryan Lochte lost endorsements and got endorsements back in a week's time.

 

I'll also add that no one outside of Denver knew who Brandon Marshall was before Thursday Night. Hell, folks on Twitter were sending tweets to the Brandon Marshall on the Jets not even knowing there were two Brandon Marshall's in the NFL. :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.