Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Many NFL Players Will Take Knees During the Anthem This Week?

Featured Replies

The Flag or America has done nothing to these ungrateful kneelers. America has took in so many minorities and fed,housed, given free medical care, phones, education, etc.

 

Again, ignorant.

  • Replies 391
  • Views 36.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seahawks original plan was to kneel with hand over hearts. A few players with a military background objected.

Minorities were brought over here involuntarily and as a friend I hope you can read this post thoroughly and recognize how horrible this post reads in the written word.

Asking historically, do we know how these involuntary United States residents to be, arrived at the coast to be loaded onto ships bound for America? Does anyone have historical and unequivocal evidence for how they were taken from their homes and who did it? It was not covered in my History classes many many years ago? These are sincere questions and can anyone give me sources?

I will stand for the anthem every single time I hear it. It is special to me. I think of everyone I know that has served or is serving our country, from my father who served the Army in Vietnam to a student that I had last year who is now in the Marines, to a WWII veteran that was a family friend that we lost a couple of years ago.

 

I understand that the flag and anthem mean different things to different people. Not all of them are good things. There are some Native Americans who can't help think of the flag as part of the contingent of the U.S. Calvary that came to slaughter their ancestors. I can understand why they don't feel comfortable with the flag.

 

I am not offended by those who choose to sit or kneel quietly. I am offended by those that stand and chomp on their gum loudly with a disinterested look on their face. Or the ones that stand and play on their phones. And the ones that stand and have not taught their children to be quiet during the anthem. There are lots of ways to stand and disrespect the flag and to prevent others from quietly reflecting on what the flag means to them.

 

I had a student years ago that was an atheist who would not stand for the Pledge of Alliegence. His senior year, he was going to be in my first period class, during Pledge time. Evidently, kids were curious how I would respond, as I make no secret of the pride I have in my military family, friends and former students, as I have many photos up with those individuals throughout my room and on "jeans" days, I often wear shirts in support of the military.

 

Before the Pledge that first day, I simply asked that all students allow those who wish to honor the Pledge to do so. That meant that Pledge time was not a time for conversation. I told them what the Pledge meant to me, and pointed to the photos of my dad, my uncle and former students posted around my flag with a sign that said, "My reasons for saying the Pledge." All of my students, except that one, stood with me and said the Pledge loudly and proudly. Never once that year did that one student say the pledge, but neither did he do anything to take away from the rest of us who chose to do so.

 

Some assume that those that stand are honoring the flag. That's not always true. Some assume that those that don't are disrespecting the flag. That doesn't have to be true, either.

 

The only other opinion that I'd like to give is that I respect CK's decision on all things, except the socks. I can't defend those.

Minorities were brought over here involuntarily and as a friend I hope you can read this post thoroughly and recognize how horrible this post reads in the written word.

 

The minorities now, te ones coming here now is who I'm talking about.

Again, ignorant.

 

So all these illegal minorities don't get the stuff I mentioned.

Asking historically, do we know how these involuntary United States residents to be, arrived at the coast to be loaded onto ships bound for America? Does anyone have historical and unequivocal evidence for how they were taken from their homes and who did it? It was not covered in my History classes many many years ago? These are sincere questions and can anyone give me sources?

 

They were sold to would be Americans by Africans. Their own people sold them for profit. Sad all the way around.

The minorities now, te ones coming here now is who I'm talking about.

 

Those aren't the minorities who are the "ungrateful kneelers." The ungrateful kneelers have largely been black males. Illegal immigrants have nothing to do with this discussion and have no reason being referenced in your post. That's why your post reads so horribly.

Those aren't the minorities who are the "ungrateful kneelers." The ungrateful kneelers have largely been black males. Illegal immigrants have nothing to do with this discussion and have no reason being referenced in your post. That's why your post reads so horribly.

 

CK said he did it in protest of Treatment of African Americans and MINORITIES.

Who are the minorities he is talking about.

I'm guessing it's everyone but blacks and if so aren't those minorities who are a lot of times here illegal.

They were sold to would be Americans by Africans. Their own people sold them for profit. Sad all the way around.

 

A horrible statement about mankind, " They sold their own people."

A horrible statement about mankind, " They sold their own people."

Just as horrible as those that bought them. Imagine...BUYING a human being.

Just as horrible as those that bought them. Imagine...BUYING a human being.

There is a bit of difference, selling some one you KNOW versus buying someone you don't know. Never mind, I just convinced myself of the futility of that comparison. Slavery in any form should never be allowed to happen.

There is a bit of difference, selling some one you KNOW versus buying someone you don't know. Never mind, I just convinced myself of the futility of that comparison. Slavery in any form should never be allowed to happen.

There seems to be a misconception here. It's more complex than this, but in general, they were selling those captured during battles with different tribes. An analogy could be made to Native Americans, such as Apaches selling captured Utes to a slave trader. They weren't selling their next door neighbor.

 

To to go a little bit deeper, once slave traders began supplying guns and ammunition to local tribes, the stakes got higher. In order to protect your own tribe, you needed to capture more people from an opposing tribe to sell, as you could only get guns and ammo from the slave traders.

The Jags/Packers game every player held a piece of a huge flag so nobody could sit during it. I like that much better.

Classy opening to the Cowboys-Giants game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.