Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Many NFL Players Will Take Knees During the Anthem This Week?

Featured Replies

I say WWIII is a lot closer.

 

Way way way closer. The thought of a civil war is laughable to me.

  • Replies 391
  • Views 36.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes but that misses the mark in a major way. There will never be enough people to boycott the NFL to make even the slightest difference. Knee jerk reaction by the most hardcore patriots in America.

 

I think you're likely right. If enough people do boycott, I can see the NFL cracking down, but I doubt that happens. Some that want to boycott seem to feel the same way I do and echo what I've said, others are complete and total idiots.

It cost him being a spokesperson for a local credit union. While it is technically an endorsement I doubt it is a significant amount of money. I wouldn't be surprised if a black owned business seeks him out to be their spokesperson. Ryan Lochte lost endorsements and got endorsements back in a week's time.

Perhaps, however, you can't blame the AAFCU for letting him go since they've served the military community for over 60 years.

OBJ and Victor Cruz will wear these cleats tomorrow.IMG_20160910_130703.jpg

The NFL is like teflon.

 

Head injuries. Protests about racial injustice. Pick a subject. It's not impacting attendance or eyeballs watching on TV.

The NFL is like teflon.

 

Head injuries. Protests about racial injustice. Pick a subject. It's not impacting attendance or eyeballs watching on TV.

 

People won't stop watching something they love, all too true. I will say that if the entire team of the Seattle Seahawks decide to not stand tomorrow, I will not watch another game they play in the rest of the season or post season.

People won't stop watching something they love, all too true. I will say that if the entire team of the Seattle Seahawks decide to not stand tomorrow, I will not watch another game they play in the rest of the season or post season.

 

This is the part of the program where black people see this stance and say, really?

 

Cowboys fans didn't boycott the NFL when they signed a player who not only beat his girlfriend like a man but he refused to show remorse over it and halfway blamed her for it when questioned about it.

 

People kept watching the NFL when Ray Lewis was an accomplice to murder and less than a year later named Super Bowl MVP.

 

People kept watching after Ray Rice.

 

People kept watching after all of the performance enhancing accusations and suspensions have been handed out.

 

Hell, the NFL has become a bastion of domestic violence it seems. Even NFL kickers beat their significant others.

 

By all means though, don't watch anymore because some black dudes are silently protesting perceived social injustices. That makes a whole hell of a lot of sense.

SEATTLE — The Seattle Seahawks will stand and link arms on the sidelines at some point during Sunday’s game against the Miami Dolphins, wide receiver Doug Baldwin tweeted.

 

Baldwin’s tweet, posted Saturday afternoon, features a video of Seahawks players with Baldwin narrating a plan for their proposed “demonstration of unity."

 

“We are a team comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds,” Baldwin says. “And as a team, we have chosen to stand and interlock arms in unity."

 

Baldwin continues:

“We honor those who have fought for the freedom we cherished,” he says. “And we stand to ensure the riches of freedom and the security of justice for all people. Progress can and will be made only if we stand together.”

 

Seahawks’ Doug Baldwin tweets plans for ‘demonstration of unity’ | Q13 FOX News

 

How dare they, am I right?

OBJ and Victor Cruz will wear these cleats tomorrow.[ATTACH]57884[/ATTACH]

 

Those are sweet!

This is the part of the program where black people see this stance and say, really?

 

Cowboys fans didn't boycott the NFL when they signed a player who not only beat his girlfriend like a man but he refused to show remorse over it and halfway blamed her for it when questioned about it.

 

People kept watching the NFL when Ray Lewis was an accomplice to murder and less than a year later named Super Bowl MVP.

 

People kept watching after Ray Rice.

 

People kept watching after all of the performance enhancing accusations and suspensions have been handed out.

 

Hell, the NFL has become a bastion of domestic violence it seems. Even NFL kickers beat their significant others.

 

By all means though, don't watch anymore because some black dudes are silently protesting perceived social injustices. That makes a whole hell of a lot of sense.

 

You still don't get my reasoning after all the posts I've made? Really? Dude, tomorrow is the 15th anniversary of 9-11. That's what it's all about tomorrow for me and it should be for you, every US citizen and every player in the NFL. Not on that day. Completely sickening, disrespectful and un-American. It isn't about black or white tomorrow, it's about honoring those that died, those that served, those that sacrificed. It should be a day of unity. To hell with their symbolic protest tomorrow.

You still don't get my reasoning after all the posts I've made? Really? Dude, tomorrow is the 15th anniversary of 9-11. That's what it's all about tomorrow for me and it should be for you, every US citizen and every player in the NFL. Not on that day. Completely sickening, disrespectful and un-American. It isn't about black or white tomorrow, it's about honoring those that died, those that served, those that sacrificed. It should be a day of unity. To hell with their symbolic protest tomorrow.

 

Nothing at all wrong with that, in fact, I think that's much more powerful and respectable. Have they decided to scrap the plan to not stand for the National Anthem?

 

 

Oh, so if it wasn't 9-11 you'd be fine with them protesting as a team?

 

 

The way I read the link that is their planned event. The media speculated they would sit as a team. Looks like the media got it wrong.

Oh, so if it wasn't 9-11 you'd be fine with them protesting as a team?

 

 

The way I read the link that is their planned event. The media speculated they would sit as a team. Looks like the media got it wrong.

 

I still think it's the wrong method, BUT, 9-11 is what hacks me off about it tomorrow. It wouldn't bother anywhere near what it would tomorrow. I wouldn't "boycott" them the rest of the season if it wasn't 9-11. That really bothers me. I like the demonstration of unity MUCH better, I think it's powerful. I think it's more effective as well as affective in a positive way.

 

Wouldn't surprise me about the media, they love to stir the pot.

I still think it's the wrong method, BUT, 9-11 is what hacks me off about it tomorrow. It wouldn't bother anywhere near what it would tomorrow. I wouldn't "boycott" them the rest of the season if it wasn't 9-11. That really bothers me. I like the demonstration of unity MUCH better, I think it's powerful. I think it's more effective as well as affective in a positive way.

 

Wouldn't surprise me about the media, they love to stir the pot.

 

I agree. I think the whole team linking arms sends a powerful message and like it or not that message wouldn't be sent without Kap's initial protest.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.