How Many NFL Players Will Take Knees During the Anthem This Week?

Science Friction

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom line is people are focused on how these people are protesting because they don't want to deal with why they are protesting. It's really that simple.

I don't care how he protests. I do disagree with almost everything he says regarding his protest.

We all have said the same things over and over again regarding these issues, and get the same reactions over and over again. It gets old.

I don't blame them for telling you to go find it. Putting in a little effort on the subject won't hurt you.

For your information board, my effort to post on here is limited because I 'm still recovering from a 5-7 hour back surgery with about 30 staples front and back. I'm not being lazy, I just have a limited amount of time for sitting to post and read. And I already got called out for using too many thumbs up an thumbs down. You guys wanted me to post an answer. Or did you forget that? So now I'm posting for you.

You posted the protester, of which I'm one, was upset because we don't like being called racist. Requesting respect for my country's flag is disrespectful and I don't like it.

Again, my comments have all been general. I didn't single anybody out.

If it hits too close to home, maybe you need to look in the mirror.

If the shoe doesn't fit you, then don't worry about it...

Let me bring this back to what's important to me. Because that's all I care about anyway.

Maybe it's because I have no hair, but seriously, I give this fro an A+. That thing is perfect. I'd like to have one just for one day to see what it's like to have that much hair.:lol2:

colin-kaepernick-afro.jpg

Is that Fletch? 6'4" tall but with the Fro' he is 6'9"

I guess this is one way around the National Anthem controversy:

Megan Rapinoe plan nixed as Washington Spirit move national anthem up

The Washington Spirit prevented Seattle midfielder Megan Rapinoe from kneeling during the national anthem by altering its pregame ceremonies rather than "subject our fans and friends to the disrespect we feel such an act would represent."

The National Women's Soccer League team moved up the anthem, playing it while the teams were off the field at the Maryland SoccerPlex.

"We decided to play the anthem in our stadium ahead of schedule rather than subject our fans and friends to the disrespect we feel such an act would represent," the Spirit said in a statement. "We understand this may be seen as an extraordinary step, but believe it was the best option to avoid taking focus away from the game on such an important night for our franchise."

On Sunday before the Reign's match in Chicago, Rapinoe knelt during the anthem in solidarity with Colin Kaepernick, the San Francisco quarterback who has refused to stand during the anthem to protest racial injustice and minority oppression. She said at the time she planned to continue to kneel.

"To willingly allow anyone to hijack this tradition that means so much to millions of Americans and so many of our own fans for any cause would effectively be just as disrespectful as doing it ourselves," the Spirit said in the statement.

Could we see an entire team sit?

More Seahawks May Join Lane

“Anything we want to do, it’s not going to be individual,” Wagner said, via the Seattle Times. “It’s going to be a team thing. That’s what the world needs to see. The world needs to see people coming together versus being individuals.”

The entire Seattle Seahawks team will protest the national anthem at opening game

Just a side note - Georgetown College Men's Basketball has always (as long as I can remember) plays the anthem at the 8:30 mark during warm ups when teams both go to the locker room for final prep.

Edit - this is for regular season games only. I believe in the tournament they play the anthem with both teams on the floor just before tip off.

This should be interesting...

Will Russell Wilson join in after his public comments last week?

Will the white players join?

How will the home crowd react?

Should be interesting. It's one thing when one player does it. Whole new arena when a whole team does it.

And yeah, can't wait to see what Russell Wilson does.

I'm guessing the home crowd won't care too much as long as they win.