How Many NFL Players Will Take Knees During the Anthem This Week?

Science Friction

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good point. But I don't have a problem with their form of protest. If that's how they feel they need to make a their statement, more power to them.

My mindset about the whole thing is this is much better way of trying to get attention. I will take this 100/100 over destroying your own part of town.

Taking a knee during the national anthem makes me sick.

I know we have a right to protest but we won't for long if we continue on the path were on as a society.

Why don't the protestors quit the NFL and go around and actually try to impact change in the country positively? Sitting during the Anthem isn't going to bring change. Is a racist going to watch that and change? Just further division in the country.

Complete and utter hyperbole....

We'll see. America can't go much longer down this path without major change. Measures like this take us further from where we want to be IMO.

Kneeling is okay when praying and showing reverence to God, but not for the National Anthem?

Is that what they're doing? No. How is that even remotely the same as what they're doing? Good grief man.

Is that what they're doing? No. How is that even remotely the same as what they're doing? Good grief man.

Why is the action of kneeling considered okay to pray, but disrespectful to the flag?

It's the same body position.

Why are we so up in arms over a players body position during the anthem, but rarely bat an eye over the myriad of people who play on their phones, talk, chug their beer, etc while standing during the anthem?

Being on a knee, or sitting, in silence during the anthem is MUCH more respectful than doing any of those things while standing. IMO of course.

Why is the action of kneeling considered okay to pray, but disrespectful to the flag?

Why are we so up in arms over a players body position during the anthem, but rarely bat an eye over the myriad of people who play on their phones, talk, chug their beer, etc while standing during the anthem?

Being on a knee, or sitting, in silence during the anthem is MUCH more respectful than doing any of those things while standing. IMO of course.

Because of why they're taking a knee? Don't see what is so complicated?

CK has explained why he is doing it. It's not like it's being misconstrued. That's why people know what he's doing is different than taking a knee in other scenarios.