How Many NFL Players Will Take Knees During the Anthem This Week?

Science Friction

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ukmustang , from your strong support of CK I suppose you too have chosen not to stand for the anthem ? I get the vibe you dont care for the song or our country . Thats the vibe you are sending out . IMO of course.

Not even close to reality.

Musically, I don't like the song. However, I love what it represents. Stand and sing along every time.

I've also said numerous times I don't agree with what he's doing. However I think the message has quite a bit of merit.

I simply find the outrage of some to be quite comical. I mean, really? We're going to get in an uproar over someone sitting or kneeling? Seems misplaced IMO, especially considering the blatant "disrespect" shown for the anthem on a daily basis by average joes in the stands at every single sporting event.

I simply find the outrage of some to be quite comical. I mean, really? We're going to get in an uproar over someone sitting or kneeling? Seems misplaced IMO, especially considering the blatant "disrespect" shown for the anthem on a daily basis by average joes in the stands at every single sporting event.

The bottom line is people are focused on how these people are protesting because they don't want to deal with why they are protesting. It's really that simple.

"We don't care if you protest, just make sure you do it how we want you to."

As long as it is peaceful I support the right to do it. In no way, shape, or form do I support the violent or destructive protests. I don't support the riots. I don't support standing in the middle of the interstate. I'm good with the peaceful act of kneeling or sitting.

However, just because I'm good with the act doesn't mean I can't give an opinion on the protest itself. I find the socks offensive.

I chose not to ignore his cop disrespecting behavior that tends to fuel the type of problems he supposedly is protesting . If he would have taken a different more suitable route I'd be fine with that . Disrespecting our entire country and its long history with the majority fighting for civil rights isnt right in my book . To me it seems like he is angry with the nation and what it stands for instead of the small minority that has truly oppressive and racist . He shot gunned the thing instead of using a riffle - does that make sense ? agree or no ?

The bottom line is people are focused on how these people are protesting because they don't want to deal with why they are protesting. It's really that simple.

Agreed. I don't think a lot of people realize a non-controversial protest doesn't draw attention to the issue being protested. In order to garner attention, you have to do something controversial.

However, just because I'm good with the act doesn't mean I can't give an opinion on the protest itself. I find the socks offensive.

Sure you can give an opinion. Nobody has said otherwise.

It's just funny that the same people protesting the riots and violence, who were saying "Protest Peacefully!" are now the same ones (in many cases, not all) making a big deal about these peaceful protests.

Those folks will always have a problem, regardless of the means of protest.

As long as it is peaceful I support the right to do it. In no way, shape, or form do I support the violent or destructive protests. I don't support the riots. I don't support standing in the middle of the interstate. I'm good with the peaceful act of kneeling or sitting.

The sock thing was ridiculously stupid and only hurt his cause. Just ignorant on his part.