Transgender rights????

Plato

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm reading this post and giggling, we as a society have completely lost all common sense.

I'm guessing they and the insurance companies figured its cheaper to hand over the pills than sued for millions dollars.

This whole thought is beyond silly.

My wife is a pharmacist. Her company said yesterday at a training that a male claiming to be a female is entitled to have insurance cover birth control pills.

This country has lost its mind.

Doesn't a Dr first have to prescribe them? What Dr in their right mind would do that?

Serious question, why exactly would a man take birth control pills?

In short, the hormones. I assume the high levels of female hormones would reduce the secondary male characteristics.

I believe they are occasionally used in the treatment of enlarged prostrate and testicular cancer.

Serious question, why exactly would a man take birth control pills?

Thanks to a Google search that was both informative and a little disquieting, it looks like some in the trans community use birth control medication as a sort of stop-gap in times when other hormone replacement therapy either has been halted or is insufficient.

Folks, we've entered the Twilight Zone.

Have no idea how many posts so far on this are female, but side effect for some females on birth control pills, is reduced libido. Also these individuals run the risk of increased side effects if taking a thyroid hormone due to thyroid disease, which the male gender are diagnosed with a great deal more in the Ohio River Valley area than in the past. And that does need to be controlled by an Endocrinologist with regular T4, T5 and TSH levels. Situation not to be taken lightly by OBGYN or whatever the physician's specialty for this medical condition. Whole discussion becomes more serious. All this from a female with about 4 different strengths of Synthroid in the " medicine cabinet". That's putting it mildly. Welcome to the Insanity Zone.

Have no idea how many posts so far on this are female, but side effect for some females on birth control pills, is reduced libido. Also these individuals run the risk of increased side effects if taking a thyroid hormone due to thyroid disease, which the male gender are diagnosed with a great deal more in the Ohio River Valley area than in the past. And that does need to be controlled by an Endocrinologist with regular T4, T5 and TSH levels. Situation not to be taken lightly by OBGYN or whatever the physician's specialty for this medical condition. Whole discussion becomes more serious. All this from a female with about 4 different strengths of Synthroid in the " medicine cabinet". That's putting it mildly. Welcome to the Insanity Zone.

Thyroid issues run rampant in my family. I have Hypothyroidism and take 200mg of synthroid.

DLG just today was diagnosed with Graves Disease (Hyperthyroidism). Also had to be put on a beta-blocker, her resting heart rate......137!

For starters, why do y'all care?

Because since while stupidity like this gets covered 100% medications like those for high blood pressure, diabetes and most other real diseases aren't.

Edited by Randy Parker
Political post

Because since while stupidity like this gets covered 100% medications like those for high blood pressure, diabetes and most other real diseases aren't.

Why do we care about our tax dollars spent on non sense? Why would anyone care about how their tax dollars are spent lol.