Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Transgender rights????

Featured Replies

Thyroid issues run rampant in my family. I have Hypothyroidism and take 200mg of synthroid.

 

DLG just today was diagnosed with Graves Disease (Hyperthyroidism). Also had to be put on a beta-blocker, her resting heart rate......137!

 

Been there done that with a heart rate of 150 and ended up in the emergency room three times. Afib with flutter, had some of this before 1978 surgery and was put on Inderal and Propylthiouracil for 3 months before surgery. Any hormone replacement therapy can be dangerous and should be monitored carefully. No one knows the problems with thyroid until you live with it. So these persons need to do this hormone treatment with care and caution. Can also affect blood calcium and potassium, I have taken both.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've said all along we never have needed health care reform, we need insurance reform. It'll never happen and we are headed down a path that we can't recover from.

 

We need heart reform. Think about what we are talking about? Let it sink in. Heart reform.

The only rights should be to not be discriminated against. Other than that this is a liberal push. Segmented groups don't get extra rights and privileges.

The only rights should be to not be discriminated against. Other than that this is a liberal push. Segmented groups don't get extra rights and privileges.

 

What extra right or privilege would they be getting here?? A doctors prescription would be necessary to get the pills. If the meds are prescribed, why should this medication be treated any differently than any other prescribed medication??

What extra right or privilege would they be getting here?? A doctors prescription would be necessary to get the pills. If the meds are prescribed, why should this medication be treated any differently than any other prescribed medication??

 

It's for lifestyle choice, not a true medicinal purpose. If they dont get it, will they die, no. Will it affect their health, no. How about I need oxycodone, or testosterone. No medical reason I just want it because I'm special. I feel like it's a xanax day. I can demand my medication for wants not needs right. Because I'm special.

What extra right or privilege would they be getting here?? A doctors prescription would be necessary to get the pills. If the meds are prescribed, why should this medication be treated any differently than any other prescribed medication??

 

EXACTLY!!! Why are these drugs more important then others like say high blood pressure meds? Why should these be completely free while others that you need to be healthy aren't?

EXACTLY!!! Why are these drugs more important then others like say high blood pressure meds? Why should these be completely free while others that you need to be healthy aren't?

 

Couldn't you say that about pretty much any drug though? Why are the blood pressure meds I take only $5 a month, where as other critical life saving drugs are hundreds of bucks a month? Doesn't seem right, does it?

Couldn't you say that about pretty much any drug though? Why are the blood pressure meds I take only $5 a month' date=' where as other critical life saving drugs are hundreds of bucks a month? Doesn't seem right, does it?[/quote']

 

Because a lot of blood pressure pills are two + decades old and have generics.

Because a lot of blood pressure pills are two + decades old and have generics.

 

Wouldn't it stand to reason that the medicines that provide the most benefit to people would be the ones that were affordable to all? Obviously that's not how the system works, but I think it goes back to @spindoc's point, we don't need healthcare reform, we need insurance reform.

EXACTLY!!! Why are these drugs more important then others like say high blood pressure meds? Why should these be completely free while others that you need to be healthy aren't?

 

I guess I'm not reading that the pills have to be free. I'm reading it as they must be covered. So transgender men would have to pay whatever the schedule under their plan calls for, and that would be what anyone would pay for the drugs. If that's the case, that's not a case of them receiving anything special.

 

Now if they were to receive the drug for free, while others under the same plan would pay more, then yes, I would have an issue with that, as that would be a case of them receiving special treatment.

It's for lifestyle choice, not a true medicinal purpose. If they dont get it, will they die, no. Will it affect their health, no. How about I need oxycodone, or testosterone. No medical reason I just want it because I'm special. I feel like it's a xanax day. I can demand my medication for wants not needs right. Because I'm special.

 

Gender dysphoria is a recognized condition, and the treatment can include hormone therapy. I don't see it as someone demanding or receiving special treatment. I think people are reading more into this than there really is. I'm not sure where the assumption that they would be getting the drug for free came from. Again, it's only saying they receive coverage.....they would be paying (or not paying) whatever is called for under the schedule that their insurance provides. Coverage doesn't necessarily equate to free.

Wouldn't it stand to reason that the medicines that provide the most benefit to people would be the ones that were affordable to all? Obviously that's not how the system works' date=' but I think it goes back to [mention=8075']spindoc[/mention]'s point, we don't need healthcare reform, we need insurance reform.

 

Sure it makes sense that way but the new, fancy drugs have around 7 years to make a profit off of their research. I don't like it either but unfortunately it won't change.

Thyroid issues run rampant in my family. I have Hypothyroidism and take 200mg of synthroid.

 

DLG just today was diagnosed with Graves Disease (Hyperthyroidism). Also had to be put on a beta-blocker, her resting heart rate......137!

 

Good gosh oh mighty! I had no idea someone could have a "normal" resting heart rate that high unless something was gravely wrong and their heart was getting ready to explode. I sure hope her meds help.

 

I used to have a resting heart rate around 42 when in the military and a while after I got out. Had a Dr the first time I went to him for a physical think something was wrong with me...was just in really good shape and have a fairly slow natural resting heart rate anyway. Still in the 50's on some days. I couldn't imagine having one in the 130's, that's scary.

I've said all along we never have needed health care reform, we need insurance reform. It'll never happen and we are headed down a path that we can't recover from.

 

We need both in that we need to look at why health care costs are so high and do something to reduce the costs. That would be healthcare reform.

 

I don't know what you mean by insurance reform. One could say that ACA is insurance reform because formerly uninsured people now are insured at the cost of other people. That is reform. Was it the best reform? I don't think so.

 

I think we need to start with reducing costs. What drives it up? If it is research that allows us to discover new treatments that saves lives, that's one thing. But if it is the high cost of lawsuits on doctors and hospitals or if it's especially egregious government regulations, etc., then that is what needs to be addressed.

 

I think that has been the problem with attempts to bring reform so far. They don't do the things that would actually reduce the cost of medicine to begin with. So insurance reform, by itself is ineffective.

  • Author

We need fairytale reform. Even if a dude wants to be a woman, the ridiculousness that he by genetics and she by choice would need birth control pills is asinine. To think that politicians had to take time to consider this when they could be working on something real DOES make me upset. Such a waste of time. (and before anyone says it, I know that they waste time on a lot of things that are ridiculous - those things make me mad too)

To think that said politicians approved this ridiculousness is just further proof that we've lost our minds.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.