North and South bound 75 closed in Tennessee

All Blue

Didn't see a thread on this but since Friday night both north and south bound lanes at the 160 mile marker in Tennessee have been closed due to a rock slide. This is around Jelico mountain I believe. They are saying it could be closed for weeks.

Edited by All Blue

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Southbound and northbound lanes on I-75 will be blocked for several days near the Kentucky-Tennessee border due to a rockslide.

The closure is expected to be "long term," according to Tennessee Department of Transportation spokesperson Mark Nagi, after the slide was discovered in Campbell County, Tennessee Friday afternoon.

"Long Term" Closure on I-75 Near State Line due to Rockslide - LEX18.com | Continuous News and StormTracker Weather

That traffic is going to be brutal on the detour.

But here is the guys I feel sorry for...

"Wide loads will need to detour in at Exit 29 in Kentucky to US 25E and take the Cumberland Gap Tunnel in Bell County into Tennessee."

That Exit 29 is in Corbin, and they have to travel through Barboursville and Middlesboro to get to that tunnel, and then it isn't a cake walk to get back to I75. That is going to be a loss of several hours, minimum.

Planned on traveling south on 1-75 next week. Heard the detour is 32 miles long on a 2 lane mountain road. If you have to travel south, I would take an alternate route. Received this information from locals who live in the area

See if you can just take Guru's private jet.

Planned on traveling south on 1-75 next week. Heard the detour is 32 miles long on a 2 lane mountain road. If you have to travel south, I would take an alternate route. Received this information from locals who live in the area

Semi traffic should be interesting.