North and South bound 75 closed in Tennessee

All Blue

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was down that way yesterday. It was a mess around Corbin. I heard folks saying that it was adding 2-3 hours onto trips when they took the US25 detour.

Yeah that detour through the tunnel isn't a quick trip at all. The only way I'd go that way would be if I was taking I-40 South or I-81 towards Tri-Cities.

I have heard that 25 in the middlesboro area is terrible. Apparently they have to totally close the tunnel down when there is a Hazard Mat Truck goes through.

I have to go to Charlotte Friday night...This route was my plan...any other route?

I have heard that 25 in the middlesboro area is terrible. Apparently they have to totally close the tunnel down when there is a Hazard Mat Truck goes through.

I have to go to Charlotte Friday night...This route was my plan...any other route?

Where are you leaving from?

If you are going to the eastern Carolinas (Charlotte and to the east) from Louisville, Lexington or NKY the I-64, I-77 through WV is normally less than hour difference than the I-75, I-40 route.

That is what I was thinking about... especially coming back, as I will be pulling a boat.

We drove back from Gatlinburg this past weekend. We took 321 dead west to 40 and came up through Louisville.

Read some posts over the weekend that cars we moving about a mile every 4 hours taking the detour so we just avoided it completely.

That is what I was thinking about... especially coming back, as I will be pulling a boat.

We went to Myrtle for 14 years straight and did both routes multiple times out of the Lexington area.

There is a long uphill/downhill (depending on direction) on I-77 near the Vir/WV border. But is not the winding back and forth of I-40. There are two tunnels that really help. The 64/77 route seems much more drivable than the 75/40 route. And time difference is less than hour.

We drove back from Gatlinburg this past weekend. We took 321 dead west to 40 and came up through Louisville.

Read some posts over the weekend that cars we moving about a mile every 4 hours taking the detour so we just avoided it completely.

Where were to going...Indiana or NKY? Did you go all the way to Nashville?