North and South bound 75 closed in Tennessee

All Blue

You could go to Cookeville and then up US 127 and get into central Kentucky very easily.

He said he went through Louisville, just wondering where he was going as his location under his Avatar says NKY. That just seems to be way out of the way to avoid a 25 mile detour.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said he went through Louisville, just wondering where he was going as his location under his Avatar says NKY. That just seems to be way out of the way to avoid a 25 mile detour.

Gotcha. I was just pointing out that 127 can get you numerous places easily, but of course it would depend on your ultimate destination.

Where were to going...Indiana or NKY? Did you go all the way to Nashville?
We we didn't get within 100 miles of Nashville.

We were going to NKY.

People we sitting on the detour for upwards of 4-5 hours. We avoided that altogether and got home in 6.5 instead of 4.5 hours and drove through the heart of Tenn and KY on a beautiful day with the sunroof open. To be honest, it was so relaxing and enjoyable I'd think about doing it again. Saw parts of both states I'd probably never see otherwise. Well worth the extra time.

We we didn't get within 100 miles of Nashville.

We were going to NKY.

People we sitting on the detour for upwards of 4-5 hours. We avoided that altogether and got home in 6.5 instead of 4.5 hours and drove through the heart of Tenn and KY on a beautiful day with the sunroof open. To be honest, it was so relaxing and enjoyable I'd think about doing it again. Saw parts of both states I'd probably never see otherwise. Well worth the extra time.

f7f9640707f5e9135b9239c6869897.jpg

I went to Charlotte this weekend ( leaving from Danville Area)...I decided to go down 25E in Corbin and I am glad I did. Traffic was not bad at all...I got to Corbin about 4:30 Friday Afternoon...Traffic was backed up ramp at exit 29, so I went on down to exit 25 and took the Bypass around Corbin.

Coming back on Saturday traffic was even lighter.

This week may be totally different with spring break traffic, but I am wondering if people and big trucks coming from down/going up North aren't taking totally alt routes all together.

• 2 weeks later...
I drove back today and it is 2 lanes up to exit 141 then down to 1 lane past the slide. The signage is misleading though leading to a slowdown at about 138. It says right lane closed but it doesn't close to 1 lane until just north of the exit.

So, would you recommend avoiding this area still? Was traffic bad?

Trying to figure out best alternate route northbound to get around the slide area in Tenn. I hate to sit in slow, stop & go traffic. Cant decide whether to take the 25W between exits 134 and back on I-75 at Jelico or take exit 134 and take Tenn 63 to 297 and back on I-75 in Jelico. Anybody try either route?

I_75 North routes.PNG

Trying to figure out best alternate route northbound to get around the slide area in Tenn. I hate to sit in slow, stop & go traffic. Cant decide whether to take the 25W between exits 134 and back on I-75 at Jelico or take exit 134 and take Tenn 63 to 297 and back on I-75 in Jelico. Anybody try either route?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55434[/ATTACH]

Take 134 and us 25 to jelico. You will go thru a town than get on a windy road.