North and South bound 75 closed in Tennessee

All Blue

I have to be in Knoxville on Friday for a meeting too. Dagnabbit.

I would either get off of exit 29 in Corbin and take 25 South or take exit 11 in Williamsburg, turn right and take 92 to HWY 27. I can't think of the hwy # that will take you back to I-75(it's after you cross into Tenn), but it would be on the other side of the rock slide. I can find out that route and the time it takes if you would like.

TN63 is the Hwy that takes you back to exit 141, which is just south of the rock slide.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I'm sorry about the mixup. I copied them from a friend's post on facebook. I was looking at those pictures thinking there is no way they can fix that in a few days or even weeks.

Hopefully this will be a short-lived clean up.

Oh, I'm sorry about the mixup. I copied them from a friend's post on facebook. I was looking at those pictures thinking there is no way they can fix that in a few days or even weeks.

Hopefully this will be a short-lived clean up.

Hope it doesn't take long as well as I'll be traveling south soon. If not, I'm be routing around towards Jumper_Dad's way and NOT down 25E.

Even coming around through Somerset and down 27 isn't going to be a great way.

The best way does seem to be to take Jellico Exit 160 to TN 297 to TN 63 and re-enter I-75 at Exit 141 in Caryville.

If you are coming through Somerset it's fairly easy to get on I 75 below the slide. From Somerset take US-27 South to Oneida Tennessee, then turn left onto 456 and follow it to 297 (Howard Baker Hwy) turn left onto 297 and follow it to I-75 Exit 141 (For those of you that frequent I-75 this is the exit with the huge White Cross next to Adult World) this detour will bring you out just below the Rock Slide.

From Oneida to I-75 is Approximately 25 miles.