Trump is dangerous

I would like to challenge you on this.

I also have not read the Koran and I have no desire to.

I just see about a hundred or more different sects of Christianity in this country who exist because their members dedicate their lives to living according to a book yet can't agree with each other on what it says. You expect me to live in this world then believe that these same people know the real true interpretation of the Koran?

I shall cast terror into the hearts of the infidels. Strike off their heads, strike off the very tips of their fingers.

Quran 8:12,

Slay them wherever you find them. Drive them out of the places from which they drove you. Idolatry is worse than carnage.

Quran 2:190-2:191,

When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them.

Quran 9:5;

Muhammad is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another.

Quran 48:29,

Those that make war against God and His apostle and spread disorder in the land shall be slain and crucified or have their hands and feet cut off on alternate sides, or be banished from the land.

Quran 5:33,

When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield strike off their heads and, when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly.

Quran 47:4,

Believers, take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your friends. They are friends with one another. Whoever of you seeks their friendship shall become one of their number. God does not guide the wrong-doers.

Quran 5:51,

The unbelievers among the People of the Book [bible] and the pagans shall burn for ever in the fire of Hell. They are the vilest of all creatures.

Quran 98:6,

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't blatant discrimination, he just says a lot of this stuff to rile people up and get them talking. And it puts his fellow Republicans in a difficult position, this time they have to stand for something they believe in, for once. I like to see them cringe because he's thumping them in the polls. Actually this is quite entertaining.:popcorn:

Gotta agree with you there.

I shall cast terror into the hearts of the infidels. Strike off their heads, strike off the very tips of their fingers.

Quran 8:12,

Slay them wherever you find them. Drive them out of the places from which they drove you. Idolatry is worse than carnage.

Quran 2:190-2:191,

When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them.

Quran 9:5;

Muhammad is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another.

Quran 48:29,

Those that make war against God and His apostle and spread disorder in the land shall be slain and crucified or have their hands and feet cut off on alternate sides, or be banished from the land.

Quran 5:33,

When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield strike off their heads and, when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly.

Quran 47:4,

Believers, take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your friends. They are friends with one another. Whoever of you seeks their friendship shall become one of their number. God does not guide the wrong-doers.

Quran 5:51,

The unbelievers among the People of the Book [bible] and the pagans shall burn for ever in the fire of Hell. They are the vilest of all creatures.

Quran 98:6,

I thought you were going to interpret this for us.

You expect me to live in this world then believe that these same people know the real true interpretation of the Koran?

You may not want to read the Koran but you have to understand that according to Islam there is no 'interpretation' of the Koran.

According to Islam, the Koran is the direct word of Allah as directly communicated to the prophet Mohammad.

This is very different than the Bible. Granted some take the Bible as the literal word of the Lord and not human scripture 'inspired' by God.

You may not want to read the Koran but you have to understand that according to Islam there is no 'interpretation' of the Koran.

According to Islam, the Koran is the direct word of Allah as directly communicated to the prophet Mohammad.

This is very different than the Bible. Granted some take the Bible as the literal word of the Lord and not human scripture 'inspired' by God.

This.

That sounds very familiar...where have I heard that before? Oh yeah! In the discussion regarding gay marriage and the Biblical passages cited. Thanks for jogging my memory!

Some...so there are Christians who believe that Paul and others were just inspired by God?

If that's the case where's my book of the bible? I've been inspired many times.

If I had a dollar for the times I have heard "God's Word" or the "Word of God" I would be richer then Zuckerburg, Trump, and Gates put together.

Edited by Hellcats
Added hyperbole

Some...so there are Christians who believe that Paul and others were just inspired by God?

If that's the case where's my book of the bible? I've been inspired many times.

If I had a dollar for the times I have heard "God's Word" or the "Word of God" I would be richer then Zuckerburg, Trump, and Gates put together.

But the Christian understanding of the inspiration of the Bible is very different from the way Muslims understand the Koran was inspired. There is very little leeway for interpretation. In fact, many Imams will say that you cannot understand the Koran properly unless you can read it in Arabic. The make up of the Bible as a book of many books, history, letters, poetry, sacred biography, etc is quite different from the form of the Koran. As i understand it, the Koran is made up of many statements by Allah as dictated to Muhammed (allegedly). They do not necessarily flow together and so context isn't nearly as important as it is in understanding the Bible.

Let me recommed God Has Spokenby J.I. Packer for a good read on the Evangelical Christian view of inspiration (since that is more likely the ones who say something like, "the Word of God says...").

Also, to understand the differences between Islam and Christianity in general, which will contain a discussion on the Koran and the Bible, see Timothy George's, Is the Father of Jesus the God of Muhammad? It is an excellent read written in an irenic tone.

Trump is well leveraged. A lot of that comes from his Dad. I would not qualify a guy who has had multiple businesses file bankruptcy as "economic genius."

You win some, you lose some. Especially in business. He knows how to get attention and he knows how to make a splash. He's ventured into a little bit of everything. As you said he has leveraged well, but even with the bad decisions I think he has made some good decisions as well and he obviously has a lot to show for it.

You win some, you lose some. Especially in business. He knows how to get attention and he knows how to make a splash. He's ventured into a little bit of everything. As you said he has leveraged well, but even with the bad decisions I think he has made some good decisions as well and he obviously has a lot to show for it.

SOME good decisions does not equate to genius level. The man was born with a winning lottery ticket. He has succeeded and failed, but a lot of his success has to do with real estate that he was able to get in the 70s b/c he had money given to him. He isn't some self-made man of the world. That is what is funniest about all of this. The man that has drawn the most support from the disgruntled white population is the same type of person that they despise in their corner of the world. Spoiled, brash, and a bully.

What is more dangerous: Trumps political rhetoric, of Obama's foreign policy failures?

Depends on who you are, doesn't it? If I'm a minority, I'm scared of Trump's rhetoric b/c of how many of my neighbors support his garbage. Not exactly the America that I want to live in.

SOME good decisions does not equate to genius level. The man was born with a winning lottery ticket. He has succeeded and failed, but a lot of his success has to do with real estate that he was able to get in the 70s b/c he had money given to him. He isn't some self-made man of the world. That is what is funniest about all of this. The man that has drawn the most support from the disgruntled white population is the same type of person that they despise in their corner of the world. Spoiled, brash, and a bully.

You're right, and obviously you are taking what I said as literally as possible. Maybe genius was the wrong choice of words, maybe I didn't mean it as literal as you think. I was just implying that he's good at making money, economic genius I guess was wrong choice of words so I apologize. I can always count on you to call me out for wrong word choice.

As for the bolded part I agree, and this is one of the main reasons I do not get on the Trump bandwagon. If middle America or impoverished people think Trump is going to do anything to help them they are sadly mistaken. How the poor has flocked to him I will never know, as you say he stands for everything they are against. He is as un relatable as it gets for most Americans. Definitely not the "common man" as he is trying to sale.