Open Jobs

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a curious questions and not intended or implied towards any position in Ky. Do administrations make decisions on coaches based on W's and L's like they do in collegiate and professional sports. For example if a coach wins something like 8 games in 6 years, would they consider firing that coach?

Just a curious questions and not intended or implied towards any position in Ky. Do administrations make decisions on coaches based on W's and L's like they do in collegiate and professional sports. For example if a coach wins something like 8 games in 6 years, would they consider firing that coach?

I would say overall the answer to that question is no, but I'm sure it varies from case to case. As long as the football coach and administration can work together, win/loss record does not play as significant of a role.

I would say overall the answer to that question is no, but I'm sure it varies from case to case. As long as the football coach and administration can work together, win/loss record does not play as significant of a role.

If an administration allows a program to consistenly be non competitive then they are not doing their job. Academic success comes 1st in all cases and should be the priority but you also have to review athletics. The administration of any school system should be striving to put people and resources in place to be competitive from the academic team to the volleyball team and all points in between.

The problem today is there are to many admin's that are only concerned about test scores and nothing else. Admin's 20-30 years ago were teachers and coaches for 20 years before they moved into an administration role. They knew the importance that extra ciricular activities and athletics. Now they are coming out of college into administration and it's all about the numbers.

Rumor is that Bellarmine is starting a football program and they want Glaser to be the first head coach. Don't know how true it is though.

Bellarmine was approached over the summer about starting a DII football team in the Great Lakes Valley Conference. They have reported this fall that they are "exploring the possibility". However, it seems rather early to be putting much serious thought to hiring a coach when they still have no team, no recruits, no stadium, and no practice facilities.

A short article at the bottom of the link on Steve Duncan resigning at Logan. There isn't a better man in the profession. If this is it, he's had a great run at it. He was part of State Championships as an assistant at Fort Knox back in the 80's and 1990, to being the DC at Lone Oak on their State Runner Up team in 07 and then his success at Murray as their HC.

LoJo Mobile

Bellarmine was approached over the summer about starting a DII football team in the Great Lakes Valley Conference. They have reported this fall that they are "exploring the possibility". However, it seems rather early to be putting much serious thought to hiring a coach when they still have no team, no recruits, no stadium, and no practice facilities.

This one might be moving faster than most people think. GLVC putting pressure on Bellarmine and a lot of people in Louisville are behind this effort.

My opinion, temporary space isn't an issue with plenty of room to work on campus or even share space with St X. If this thing is approved, confident Bellarmine will have a beautiful stadium near campus. I say it is a done deal and they are playing in 2017.

I do not believe there will be nearly as many coaching changes this season as the past 2 since this is year one of the new alignment....but we shall see.

I hope you're right. Last year was the tops with 54 openings, but the previous 5 years that numbered was right at an average of 40/year.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule 10

If an administration allows a program to consistenly be non competitive then they are not doing their job. Academic success comes 1st in all cases and should be the priority but you also have to review athletics. The administration of any school system should be striving to put people and resources in place to be competitive from the academic team to the volleyball team and all points in between.

The problem today is there are to many admin's that are only concerned about test scores and nothing else. Admin's 20-30 years ago were teachers and coaches for 20 years before they moved into an administration role. They knew the importance that extra ciricular activities and athletics. Now they are coming out of college into administration and it's all about the numbers.

I somewhat agree. I could go on a crazy tirade about todays students, parents, teachers, administrators etc.............but lets just say............the 1st half of the school year goes much better, when you have a good football season.:popcorn: