Open Jobs

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have it on reliable sources that the job open. Not much to elaborate on that right now.

That it is.

Martin County is just in a very tough place right now. I believe there was a change in administration bt the hire and the start of the school year. Some of the things that were "promised" as part of the deal, I don't believe came to fruition.

Coal leaving and the lack of jobs because of that has his all of EKY hard, but it's about taken its toll on places like Martin County. Enrollment there is dropping at a pretty good clip (and has been) from what I've been hearing the last couple years.

Harry: I know you kept up with this thread last year fairly well. What was the count of opening last year around this time?

I think CWB made a comment on this a few days, ago, but last year the count at this time was 11. This year it's at 9 (The Sheldon Clark job hadn't been posted on here just yet, but it's been open a couple of weeks now).

It wouldn't surprise me to see nine more come open b/t after the finals and the start of the new year. I don't have any leads on why I'd say that, but just going off past history of the last 5-6 years.

Sheldon Clark had Shawn Hager there from 2004 until last year. I seem to remember him being let go during the season & then put back in under pressure or something of that nature. Pretty sure that he would have stayed there until the cows come home if all of that didn't go down. I don't live in EKy anymore, so I don't know the real story behind everything, but it got out of control quick from what I remember.