Open Jobs

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the thread, I am interested to see what happens at someplace like Ballard. Is there someone on staff there that takes that job, someone else from JCPS, someone outside JCPS? Tough district and region, so I'm interested to see who pursues that job.

Is the Ballard job more appealing than the Manual job?

I agree about Jaggers or I think Bell should give Nathan McPeek a call he is coaching at a 6a school in Georgia. He has paid his dues for the Fairview crap and he is a great football coach IMO.

If I am the AD there is no way I call McPeek. He may be a fine coach but I don't want anything to do with the baggage he carries with him. That fallout is too fresh

If I am the AD there is no way I call McPeek. He may be a fine coach but I don't want anything to do with the baggage he carries with him. That fallout is too fresh

You may be right but America is all about second, and third chances. It's been over 2 years and to be honest from my point of view it was more about others than it was him. Sure he was the head coach and I'm sure he has learned some valuable lessons which is trusting others. Anyway just my opinion like to see a talent like he has back in the state of Kentucky we need good young football coaches.

You may be right but America is all about second, and third chances. It's been over 2 years and to be honest from my point of view it was more about others than it was him. Sure he was the head coach and I'm sure he has learned some valuable lessons which is trusting others. Anyway just my opinion like to see a talent like he has back in the state of Kentucky we need good young football coaches.

Can Bell afford him?

Georgia 6A Football is no joke... there aren't many coaches in Kentucky who make as much as the middle of the road Coaches in Georgia 6A

Your top 6A coaches in Georgia are making as much as some low level Collegiate Coaches at the NAIA and D-2 and D-3 level

Been 2 years how long you gonna make a guy wait? Obviously with the charges that were brought up with the superintendent at Fairview it's gotta help in many ways.

Been 2 years how long you gonna make a guy wait? Obviously with the charges that were brought up with the superintendent at Fairview it's gotta help in many ways.

Two years...that means there are still PLENTY of parents around with kids in the Kentucky school systems who feel less than thrilled about the fact that Fairview ended their kids playing careers - or at least the kids of their friends and family - all while breaking every rule in the book. May not have been McPeek's fault, but that still is reflected back on him because folks associate him with Fairview.

I'm with Watusi. If I'm an AD, McPeek is still on a do-not-call list.

Everyone is entitled to opinions but I stand by my comments that it's ashame such a good coach/person isn't in a Kentucky system because this state is hurting for good coaches that care about kids. If you ask most Fairview people I bet they wouldn't say much bad about McPeek as a person maybe he had too much of winning attitude and overlooked things yes but can't deny it. Bobby P is back at Louisville so everyone has 2nd chance opportunities IMO

Speaking for me personally there may never be enough time lapse before I would call a guy like McPeek who was involved in such a scandal. Even if others were "more guilty" he is still guilty by association and thereby he is poison fruit of the forbidden tree. Simply stated, the risk is too great for me to put my student athletes under his supervision. In a position of trust you likely only get ONE chance with me and if you blow it, there will not be a second. There are too many qualified coaches out there with a clean record to have to take that risk.

Bear at in mind I do not know McPeek and this is not based on anything personal in nature. Actions have consequences and I am not going to be rapidly forgiving when my student athletes are the ones at risk.