Open Jobs

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Mason, from Boyle County, is an AP at Bullitt East. There seem to be many other names bouncing around. Coach Miller is there and was a head coach at Fairdale. I have heard Mark Sander, who has a some connections there, and wealth of experience. The last time this job was opening I heard there were several good coaches interested.

Touche', just yanking at your chain a little.

You may be able to answer this..... what's up with football in the county of Nelson. Mark Brown is an awesome/hall of fame coach and 1996 was a while back so things can change, I get that, but like what's up with NCHS and TNHS?

Oh I understand.

Thomas Nelson is kind of set-up to struggle from a football perspective. They get kids from the New Haven area which until recently did not have a youth football program, soccer is big there. When the school opened they were in a 2A district with CAL, DeSales and Bardstown. This year they joined a 3A district with Central, Bardstown and Henry County. So it is going to be very tough for them to compete consistently until they can build things at the younger levels, in my opinion, those are very strong established programs.

Not sure what is going on at Nelson. The new facility they have is gorgeous, though I heard very sparsely attended. I know by enrollment they asked to play up in 5A instead of being in a 4A district with John Hardin. I don't know if they thought they'd be more competitive in 5A but they only won 1 district game this year against a bad Oldham County and didn't make the playoffs. From when I've gone to watch them it seems like they can't settle on a scheme. A few years back they were option, then air raid no huddle throwing it 50 times a game, to something different again this year.

Oh I understand.

Thomas Nelson is kind of set-up to struggle from a football perspective. They get kids from the New Haven area which until recently did not have a youth football program, soccer is big there. When the school opened they were in a 2A district with CAL, DeSales and Bardstown. This year they joined a 3A district with Central, Bardstown and Henry County. So it is going to be very tough for them to compete consistently until they can build things at the younger levels, in my opinion, those are very strong established programs.

Not sure what is going on at Nelson. The new facility they have is gorgeous, though I heard very sparsely attended. I know by enrollment they asked to play up in 5A instead of being in a 4A district with John Hardin. I don't know if they thought they'd be more competitive in 5A but they only won 1 district game this year against a bad Oldham County and didn't make the playoffs. From when I've gone to watch them it seems like they can't settle on a scheme. A few years back they were option, then air raid no huddle throwing it 50 times a game, to something different again this year.

Thomas Nelson gets kids from Bloomfield Middle and OKHMS so neither school has a "feeder" and currently neither has a coach. Bloomfield MS didn't finish their middle school season due to lack of numbers if I heard correctly. Biggest issue is not enough talent in a county that size to support 4 schools...all which are located in a 5 mile radius. NCHS never should have split...poor choice by the former super and BOE.