Open Jobs

I heard something bad happened at Valley...not sure what. But something went down which caused the vacancy.

You are correct. I heard from a reliable source exactly what happened and could not believe my ears. If you look at the local news you will see vague stories about it I am sure.

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think the plan was for Leasor to be there long term. He is there to clean the program up at Seneca and get it organized and structured for a new coach. Why put a young coach in a no win situation. We all know that young coaches want to win out of the gate but that is not what is needed to clean up a program. Why put the stress on a 1st year coach to clean the program up. The season that Seneca and what Leasor had to do was not easy and a unexperienced coach would have struggled. Just my opinion.

Don't think the plan was for Leasor to be there long term. He is there to clean the program up at Seneca and get it organized and structured for a new coach. Why put a young coach in a no win situation. We all know that young coaches want to win out of the gate but that is not what is needed to clean up a program. Why put the stress on a 1st year coach to clean the program up. The season that Seneca and what Leasor had to do was not easy and a unexperienced coach would have struggled. Just my opinion.

I disagree. You find the right young coach and they understand the situation they are getting into and will want to build and know that winning will be secondary to more immediate goals. What you risk is losing kids because of a coach that they either can't relate to or know won't be around long. Seneca was not even remotely competitive this year, so who was that good for?

Or you also risk losing that young coach you were supposedly grooming, which is what I have heard has happened at Seneca. The "young guy/coach in waiting" has already left.

Seneca played 90% freshman and sophomores. Only finished with 4 seniors playing because of injury. I understand what you say when you get a young coach have them understand the situation and winning is secondary. I have been in coaching for over 30 years at all levels, it is not that simple. There is a lot of stress that goes into rebuilding a program. Not all young coaches are able to do it. Losing a young coach is always a chance but when it is time to hire a new coach, then the new coach can come in and start coaching his system, and not have to rebuild from ground zero. You lose kids for all types of reasons. If you say the young coach in waiting has already left, Is he leaving for a Head Coaching job?

Seneca played 90% freshman and sophomores. Only finished with 4 seniors playing because of injury. I understand what you say when you get a young coach have them understand the situation and winning is secondary. I have been in coaching for over 30 years at all levels, it is not that simple. There is a lot of stress that goes into rebuilding a program. Not all young coaches are able to do it. Losing a young coach is always a chance but when it is time to hire a new coach, then the new coach can come in and start coaching his system, and not have to rebuild from ground zero. You lose kids for all types of reasons. If you say the young coach in waiting has already left, Is he leaving for a Head Coaching job?

You could not be anymore correct in your comments.

I heard something bad happened at Valley...not sure what. But something went down which caused the vacancy.

What I heard happened at valley was players did something. It was something his players did and something that happens at least once a year at multiple JCPS high schools every year in some way. If it is true.

Heard the weightroom was unsupervised and there was "activity" between a player and female student. While you can't be everywhere, coach's responsibility to monitor or lock the weightroom.

Interesting thing is Preston King was pretty much run off by the new Principal at Valley and he brought this coach with him. Now I'm hearing King resigned at Iroquois to try and go back to Valley. That seems like a weird situation.

Man, the coaching turnover at Webster County is crazy. It's just about a revolving door...

2002 - Scott Willard 12-2

2003 - Scott Willard 4-6

2004 - Andy Corbin 1-9

2005 - Andy Corbin 2-8

2006 - Andy Corbin 5-5

2007 - Andy Corbin 5-6

2008 - Andy Corbin 3-8

2009 - Matt Kettler 0-11

2010 - Matt Kettler 3-8

2011 - Hays Browning 1-9

2012 - Scotty Vance 1-9

2013 - Scotty Vance 1-10

2014 - Mike Whitacre 1-10

2015 - Ben Gore 1-10

2016 - ???

Webster County and Edmonson County both came open today. Both just resigned; not fired, forced to resign or any of that.

Man, the coaching turnover at Webster County is crazy. It's just about a revolving door...

2002 - Scott Willard 12-2

2003 - Scott Willard 4-6

2004 - Andy Corbin 1-9

2005 - Andy Corbin 2-8

2006 - Andy Corbin 5-5

2007 - Andy Corbin 5-6

2008 - Andy Corbin 3-8

2009 - Matt Kettler 0-11

2010 - Matt Kettler 3-8

2011 - Hays Browning 1-9

2012 - Scotty Vance 1-9

2013 - Scotty Vance 1-10

2014 - Mike Whitacre 1-10

2015 - Ben Gore 1-10

2016 - ???

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Webster's hire last year because Whitaker left late? Gore was always an going to be an interim hire.