Open Jobs

The Alumni part of me would like to return to Valley to coach, however that chapter of my life is over for now. Maybe one day I will return back, but right now I feel 10 years at Valley and 2 years at Iroquois, that it is time to try something new. They are both tough environments to coach and teach, but I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it and was lucky enough to see success at both places. Some people may call me crazy, but I wanted the opportunity to pursue the better football jobs that open and going back to Valley really doesn't do that.

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, the coaching turnover at Webster County is crazy. It's just about a revolving door...

2002 - Scott Willard 12-2

2003 - Scott Willard 4-6

2004 - Andy Corbin 1-9

2005 - Andy Corbin 2-8

2006 - Andy Corbin 5-5

2007 - Andy Corbin 5-6

2008 - Andy Corbin 3-8

2009 - Matt Kettler 0-11

2010 - Matt Kettler 3-8

2011 - Hays Browning 1-9

2012 - Scotty Vance 1-9

2013 - Scotty Vance 1-10

2014 - Mike Whitacre 1-10

2015 - Ben Gore 1-10

2016 - ???

That list doesn't include Adam Turner who was hired and resigned before coaching a game there. Sounds like a tough place to win.

I

Man, the coaching turnover at Webster County is crazy. It's just about a revolving door...

2002 - Scott Willard 12-2

2003 - Scott Willard 4-6

2004 - Andy Corbin 1-9

2005 - Andy Corbin 2-8

2006 - Andy Corbin 5-5

2007 - Andy Corbin 5-6

2008 - Andy Corbin 3-8

2009 - Matt Kettler 0-11

2010 - Matt Kettler 3-8

2011 - Hays Browning 1-9

2012 - Scotty Vance 1-9

2013 - Scotty Vance 1-10

2014 - Mike Whitacre 1-10

2015 - Ben Gore 1-10

2016 - ???

Looks like every coach has had the same

problem (record wise). Which tells me the problem is in the administration or just isn't any talent...? What's the issue at WC?

I

Looks like every coach has had the same

problem (record wise). Which tells me the problem is in the administration or just isn't any talent...? What's the issue at WC?

Has the same administration been in place for the last almost 15 years?

Webster is a pretty small town, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is just simply a lack of talent.

Webster Co. Football is a very hard thing to explain, trust me I played there. There's ALWAYS been issues with the school board and very little funding. I know when I played there a few years ago there wasn't even a full weight room and we took a charter bus to games, not because we were a almighty team that needed a charter bus, the school admin wouldn't let the football team use school busses to travel to games due to funding which left parents and boosters paying to rent a charter every away game. The AD their Matt Bell is really trying, I believe that. The problem is he's the only one trying. It really is a revolving door. The coaches they've hired either aren't qualified to be a head coach and have had little assistant expirence or the ones who are qualified use it as a stepping stone. I believe Browning wanted to be in this area due to family and took the job, then when something better in the area opened up (Muhlenberg) he bolted. Believe it or not it's not a talent issue at Webster County. Their boys basketball and baseball teams are to successful to believe their isn't athletes in that school. It's a culture issue. The best athletes in that school play basketball or baseball and very few of them also play football. The kids don't want to come out and play football on a bad team which is what Webster's been historically, it's hard to get kids to want to come out and get smashed every Friday. And on the flip side they usually dress around 25 kids. If they had a coach come in there and push them to the level they need to be pushed to be successful id venture to say about 10 of the kids would quit and they'd have about 15 players. I've watched this go on and on and I really think it might be in Webster's best interest to competely drop out of the district. Build a schedule of Fulton's, Hop Centrals, etc and start building the program back from scratch.