Open Jobs

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than being named Jaggers what is his qualifications that he seems to always come up with jobs?

Full disclosure, Ive only been around him one time at a 7 on 7 event and he was more interested talking about himself than coaching his team that day. Didnt leave much of an impression.

Full disclosure, he's a friend of mine. Wonder what kind of impression you made on him that day? We won't know because of the anonymity provided by usernames.

Sounds line axe-grinding to me, for some reason or other. I'll take it for what it's worth.

You must not be married then lol because Human beings make mistakes and many others have been placed in leadership roles after mistakes no offense but good thing your not in position of leadership, we all would be in trouble as human beings.lol
By the grace of God, I am happily married, as mysterious as that may be. :)

I realize my standard is a tough one. I think my school and its student athletes deserve it.

What has Coach Lucas really done is a question as well. Coach Nichols went 56-35 which is 61.5% win percentage at Manual. Coach Lucas went 45-26 at Manual which is a 63% win percentage. It's not like he took them to new status in my opinion. They stayed steady, that is all.

Records for Doss with Farmer there via KHSAA....

2013- 6-5

2012- 5-6

2011- 2-9

2010- 6-5

2009- 5-7

2008-10-3

2007-7-5

Ballard Defensive Stats aren't posted for this year:

2015 Ballard Record 6-5, Points Lost: 255

2014 Ballard Record 10-4, Points Lost: 242

Was he the DC at Ballard in 2014?

Records for Doss with Farmer there via KHSAA....

2013- 6-5

2012- 5-6

2011- 2-9

2010- 6-5

2009- 5-7

2008-10-3

2007-7-5

Ballard Defensive Stats aren't posted for this year:

2015 Ballard Record 6-5, Points Lost: 255

2014 Ballard Record 10-4, Points Lost: 242

Was he the DC at Ballard in 2014?

I believe he was.

Farmer? After watching some of the Ballard games last year he seems to be schematically weak. What has he done to deserve a job like Ballard? Besides getting being average at Doss. Heard from a credible source that program was a mess when he left

For arguments sake, there is this guy, named Ty Scroggins; he now has half as many rings as he does fingers, at a school that never won a title before & HE went 21-33 at Doss. Farmer went 41-41. Five of those 41 wins came in the playoffs. While we're on the topic of playoff wins, I'd be curious to know the total number of playoff wins Doss even has. If Farmer doesn't have at least half (or more) of them, consider me shocked.

I know, I know...it's easy to look out at some of these Jefferson County schools; see the talent and think "How hard could it be?", but winning (any capacity) at some of those schools (and others across the state) might just be a little bit harder than some of you think.

Granted, if you've been a head coach (and, maybe you are), you tend to have a little bit better understanding of that.

Full disclosure:

**There isn't a bigger fan of Ty Scroggins on this site than me**

For arguments sake, there is this guy, named Ty Scroggins; he now has half as many rings as he does fingers, at a school that never won a title before & HE went 21-33 at Doss. Farmer went 41-41. Five of those 41 wins came in the playoffs. While we're on the topic of playoff wins, I'd be curious to know the total number of playoff wins Doss even has. If Farmer doesn't have at least half (or more) of them, consider me shocked.

I know, I know...it's easy to look out at some of these Jefferson County schools; see the talent and think "How hard could it be?", but winning (any capacity) at some of those schools (and others across the state) might just be a little bit harder than some of you think.

Granted, if you've been a head coach (and, maybe you are), you tend to have a little bit better understanding of that.

Full disclosure:

**There isn't a bigger fan of Ty Scroggins on this site than me**

In Jefferson County if you are at the schools like Doss, Western, Valley, Southern, Seneca, and a few others and win 40% or more of the games you coach over a 4-5 year span then I would consider most coaches in that area to be a really good coach at the Centrals, Manual, Butlers, and Ballards. Steve Vessels used to have a website that had every metro team updated, and if you look at the records of coaches that were what I refer to as really good coaches in JCPS, most are around 40-45% of wins over their careers at those type of schools.

In Jefferson County if you are at the schools like Doss, Western, Valley, Southern, Seneca, and a few others and win 40% or more of the games you coach over a 4-5 year span then I would consider most coaches in that area to be a really good coach at the Centrals, Manual, Butlers, and Ballards. Steve Vessels used to have a website that had every metro team updated, and if you look at the records of coaches that were what I refer to as really good coaches in JCPS, most are around 40-45% of wins over their careers at those type of schools.

Some of those older coaches

Mike Egan Seneca 34-50

Chris Wolfe- Waggener 46-25

Bob Redman Waggener 32-22

Bart Bruner Western 15-25

Jim Bunting Doss 54-66

Ty Scroggins Doss 22-30

Steve Serotte Doss 14-16

Mark Catlett Fairdale 22-15

Current Guys Coaching

Bart Bruner ST X Def Coord

Lakunta Farmer Doss 41-41