Danville High School Volunteer arrested for improper texts to young boys.

jericho

Don't disagree with the first two, have to disagree with the last. While it may repulse you, to dismiss the behavior as uncurable does nothing to raise education, awareness and effort to correct it for the future.

There is no cure. The thoughts will be in their mind all the time. Maybe not every second, but they will think about it.

Therapy may help, but it wont take the idea away.

Its an incurable sickness.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no cure. The thoughts will be in their mind all the time. Maybe not every second, but they will think about it.

Is that your professional opinion or just your opinion ?

You must not believe much in the power of God or the redemption nature of the Holy Spirit.

I was told this man was in no way an assistant coach. He was a hang around volunteer who did things like keep stats for the basketball team, drive the buses, etc. He seemed like an all around good guy.

Well, now we know why. Hard to understand that this guy was able to continue his charade as long as he did but these type of individuals are good at preying on their victims. They are masters of manipulation. Like PP noted, this person had access to tons of kids in Danville and Boyle County and who knows where else. Just hope if or when names start to fly about, those kids get help.

Well, now we know why. Hard to understand that this guy was able to continue his charade as long as he did but these type of individuals are good at preying on their victims. They are masters of manipulation. Like PP noted, this person had access to tons of kids in Danville and Boyle County and who knows where else. Just hope if or when names start to fly about, those kids get help.

This problem seems to be worse than even expected. Not there's any "better" in such a situation but it seems to be multiple kids. Totally unacceptable. I hope those kids don't have long term issues and I hope the punishment is appropriate.

Inappropriate & sad. I'm sure there will be more to come on this. Doesn't mention if they were male/female texts or pics of himself.

Do they include any social media/texting training modules in the online classes that KHSAA has for coaches? You would also think that the school would insist on their coaches attending similar types of meetings/assemblies that the kids have to sit through on this stuff.

What would it matter if the school made him attend the training or not. I'm not trying to be rude but I'm pretty sure he didn't need to be told by the KHSAA that it's not ok to sext minors, or record them doing whatever !!!!! I haven't seen anything anywhere that this is similar to Penn State where a bunch of people had evidence or doubts about the guy. He had everyone fooled.

Is that your professional opinion or just your opinion ?

It's the opinion of many psychologist and therapist. The desire don't just go away.

You must not believe much in the power of God or the redemption nature of the Holy Spirit.

I won't go against God but when you say it the way you do, this guy was supposed to be a servant of God as a youth minister.

It's the opinion of many psychologist and therapist. The desire don't just go away.

I won't go against God but when you say it the way you do, this guy was supposed to be a servant of God as a youth minister.

Romans 8.

I'm not excusing him, I'm praying for him.

You are correct. Modern psychotherapy understands that the desire, for any type of malformed addiction, never really goes away. The human factor looks to work toward decreasing and eliminating acting on those thoughts.

I know my way of thinking about this is not fair to many, many fine people, but I have always been wary of people, men I guess, who do things that put them around kids when they don't have kids in the activity. Like a little league coach who doesn't have a kid on the team. Or a youth minister such as is the case here. Stuff like that. And I know that many, if not the overwhelming majority of people who volunteer their time are wonderful people, much better than me. It just seems like all of these predators find positions that bring them into contact with children, usually with some form of authority that they can use. Sad world when you have to think like this.

I know my way of thinking about this is not fair to many, many fine people, but I have always been wary of people, men I guess, who do things that put them around kids when they don't have kids in the activity. Like a little league coach who doesn't have a kid on the team. Or a youth minister such as is the case here. Stuff like that. And I know that many, if not the overwhelming majority of people who volunteer their time are wonderful people, much better than me. It just seems like all of these predators find positions that bring them into contact with children, usually with some form of authority that they can use. Sad world when you have to think like this.

Then you would be wary of me. I have no children of my own, but I have coached basketball for years now and started the youth program at my church when we built our Life Center (gym) several years ago.

I have had other coaches look at me funny when they ask me.."which kid is yours"?, and I reply "none of them". "Really"? is a common response.

I have been asked why I do it, because its a LOT of time and effort spent on it almost year round, but particularly from September thru March. I do it because it gets kids involved in the church, some of whom have never been involved. I do it to give kids an opportunity who otherwise don't/wouldn't have it. I do it to pass along the knowledge of a game I love and was pretty decent at so that others might take advantage of that knowledge and learn the game that they also enjoy/love. I do it because there's nothing like watching a kid grow, learn the game, blossom and become a better ball player than he ever realized. I do it because it might be the only team a kid can be on and feel a part of. Those are some reasons I do it.

With all that said, I also try and take as many precautions as possible to make sure I am never alone with younger kids. Not that I am in any way a danger to them, but rather to protect myself so no one can ever have even the potential to say I was up to something. In our program we also allow the parents to stay for practice, nothing is ever closed. I have many mothers and fathers that sit in the bleachers and watch...sometimes even pulling a dad out of the stands to help with a drill or something.

So, didn't mean to thread jack, and I know there are some bad guys out there like this guy...but there are a lot of good guys out there as well. I would like to think I am one of them.