Danville High School Volunteer arrested for improper texts to young boys.

jericho

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Bobby Cassady. I can't say I know him well but I know Bobby Cassady. He was the Youth Minister at Gethsemane Baptist Church which is my mother-in-law's church. He volunteered and participated in many of the athletic programs in the Danville school system. He was involved in FCA with both Danville and Boyle County school systems. He recently went on a mission trip to Puerto Rico that my wife, mother-in-law and oldest son also went on. He was a guest speaker at a Boyle County basketball fundraiser last year. FWIW, his Facebook page said he was a football coach at Danville. I understand why folks don't want him associated with the football program now but it seems he has been around the Danville football team in some capacity. Coach or not.

Either way, this all disturbing for the whole community as he has been involved with and around HUNDREDS of kids from the community, mine included. It is all disturbing and all we can do is sit around and wait for the full story to come out. Apparently a 17 year old turned him in and a 15 year old victim has also surfaced.

Sad day in Danville.

I know Bobby Cassady. I can't say I know him well but I know Bobby Cassady. He was the Youth Minister at Gethsemane Baptist Church which is my mother-in-law's church. He volunteered and participated in many of the athletic programs in the Danville school system. He was involved in FCA with both Danville and Boyle County school systems. He recently went on a mission trip to Puerto Rico that my wife, mother-in-law and oldest son also went on. He was a guest speaker at a Boyle County basketball fundraiser last year. FWIW, his Facebook page said he was a football coach at Danville. I understand why folks don't want him associated with the football program now but it seems he has been around the Danville football team in some capacity. Coach or not.

Either way, this all disturbing for the whole community as he has been involved with and around HUNDREDS of kids from the community, mine included. It is all disturbing and all we can do is sit around and wait for the full story to come out. Apparently a 17 year old turned him in and a 15 year old victim has also surfaced.

Sad day

They saying more kids came forward today

There is no place in society for these kind of people.

Sick and perverted and no cure.

Don't disagree with the first two, have to disagree with the last. While it may repulse you, to dismiss the behavior as uncurable does nothing to raise education, awareness and effort to correct it for the future.