Good luck to U.K. basketball....We need all the luck we can get.

JayRaySL

I guess we are in a agreement then because by what you just said you must think Tubby is a GREAT COACH! Because Tubby has gotten a few teams to overachieve. Just look at the 03,04, and 05 teams. All 3 of those teams overachieved. In 04 their wasn't even a single Mcdonalds All-American on the team but we were the number 1 team in the tournament. Then with the 05 team we were very young and he overachieved with them by just about getting them to the final four!!! Wow I almost forgot to mention the 98 team because that team definitely overachieved because that was not the most talented team, so they definitely overacieved by winning the National Championship!!!

So Im glad we are in agreement now that Tubby is a GREAT coach!!! :D

I think he is a great X and O coach.....for a mid-major or a second-tier team in the ACC/SEC/Big 10/Big 12.

I am glad we are in agreement also, all in all the fact that a Kentucky team has to overachieve to get a 1 seed, or get to the 2nd Rd, Sweet 16, or Elite Eight totally blows my mind.

Whose fault is it those teams needed to overachieve?

Whose fault is it we lose out on every big time recruit we need to put us over the top?

And that wonderful class with 3 Big Macs....dig a little deeper and the question comes, did Tubby out recruit anyone, or did other programs start to shy away because of attitude/parental control/not being as good as advertised?

Almost every single Mickey D guy he has gotten has either came with baggage, or left because of problems, or stayed but almost left because of something. So does he get lucky when he does the recruiting, or does he just get unlucky and get the bad apples?

And I am so sick and tired of him living off the 98' title, you do something one times it does not mean you are capable of doing it again....

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been a Tubby Basher and don't plan to be one, but there have been some major issues at Wildcat Lodge over the past 5-7 years. Who is to blame for that? Where are these problems coming from? Why is it that every recruiting story reads: "Wildcats lost super recruit to ________" or "Nation's top power forward says no to Wildcats and signs with _________" Something just isn't adding up correctly if you ask me.

I haven't been a Tubby Basher and don't plan to be one, but there have been some major issues at Wildcat Lodge over the past 5-7 years. Who is to blame for that? Where are these problems coming from? Why is it that every recruiting story reads: "Wildcats lost super recruit to ________" or "Nation's top power forward says no to Wildcats and signs with _________" Something just isn't adding up correctly if you ask me.

It's simple. He's above doing what, say, Tubby's close friend Bob Huggins will do to get a recruit (insert weak joke here). That does wonders for his image. It kills his recruiting. Intergrity in a mere pain in the rear in Lexington it seems...

It's simple. He's above doing what, say, Tubby's close friend Bob Huggins will do to get a recruit (insert weak joke here). That does wonders for his image. It kills his recruiting. Intergrity in a mere pain in the rear in Lexington it seems...

I'm not asking Tubby to cheat, but for the love of God, get rid of the OVC coaching staff and hire some recruiters!

I'm not asking Tubby to cheat, but for the love of God, get rid of the OVC coaching staff and hire some recruiters!

To get what you are asking for, you have to do what Huggs did with Hill. And Frank Martin. And Mick Cronin. It can be viewed as dirty, and it isn't Tubby's style. You can't have both. Where did Huggs cheat to get any of these three men with MAJOR inroads to the best AAU pipelines you can get???

To get what you are asking for, you have to do what Huggs did with Hill. And Frank Martin. And Mick Cronin. It can be viewed as dirty, and it isn't Tubby's style. You can't have both. Where did Huggs cheat to get any of these three men with MAJOR inroads to the best AAU pipelines you can get???

I'd rather cheer for Vanderbilt as be a cheapskate cheater like K-State's coach!!! :jump:

Although you may not know this since you've always been a Huggins' fan - you do NOT have to cheat to win.

Show me where Huggs cheated in reguards to the issue at hand? Show me where he has recruited illegally, and we're cool. Many see the move as having little ethics, but in reality he's done nothing more than hire three guys with MAJOR contacts in the recruiting world. That's the game. Tubby isn't playing. It seems you agree with the reasons...

Show me where Huggs cheated in reguards to the issue at hand? Show me where he has recruited illegally, and we're cool. Many see the move as having little ethics, but in reality he's done nothing more than hire three guys with MAJOR contacts in the recruiting world. That's the game. Tubby isn't playing. It seems you agree with the reasons...

I'll give you this - its my Barry Bonds Principle - until it is proven that he has actually cheated then we're cool. I feel that he has probably bent some rules, stretched some ethics, and probably worse - but until he is caught or someone shows some proof, then he's nothing more than an unethical jerk. Fair enough?

How can you say undoubtably we would have went in 98 under Pitino. That 98 team was not the most talented team in the world, so I dont see at all how you think we definitely would have made it still if Pitino was still coach...:rolleyes:

Because if Tubby could win the National Championship with that team Pitino could have won the NBA Finals with them.

Because if Tubby could win the National Championship with that team Pitino could have won the NBA Finals with them.

Rick lost the year before WITH MERCER to Arizona. Tubby won in 98 without Mercer.