Good luck to U.K. basketball....We need all the luck we can get.

JayRaySL

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to hear your explanation for why Barnhart should be gone.

This should be easy. He hired Rich Brooks, enough said about that. The basketball program is in complete disaray and Barnhart seems content to let our football program stay in the gutter and it looks like our basketball program is headed that way. He is the atletic director, and his "directing" is a joke.

This should be easy. He hired Rich Brooks, enough said about that. The basketball program is in complete disaray and Barnhart seems content to let our football program stay in the gutter and it looks like our basketball program is headed that way. He is the atletic director, and his "directing" is a joke.

I can agree wit you on Brooks GIAT and the football program.

OK, but he also hired John Cohen and Micky DeMoss. So do you not consider these hires when evaluating Barnhart. I never liked the Rich Brooks hire, but it's not as if top quality applicants were lining up for the job. UK is not what a football coach dreams of.

OK, but he also hired John Cohen and Micky DeMoss. So do you not consider these hires when evaluating Barnhart. I never liked the Rich Brooks hire, but it's not as if top quality applicants were lining up for the job. UK is not what a football coach dreams of.

Former UGA and Marshall coach J. Donnan and if what I heard about T. Bowden at Clemson is true are two of them that were intersted.I also thought that I had heard something about C. Cutcliffe (Ole Miss coach and former and now present U.T. assistant) being interested. Barnhart also had Morris here who was doing a very good job in rebuilding and wanting to stay and should have imo and he rode him out on a rail to get one of his former pac10 buddies in. I will give Barnhart the :thumb: on the Cohen and DeMoss hirings, no one in their right mind could argue those two.

Another instance of a typical UK fan thinking we should be able to win consistently 6-8 games in football, and a national championship every year in basketball. Take your blue colored glasses off and look deeper into an athletic department than the front pages of the Herald.

Former UGA and Marshall coach J. Donnan and if what I heard about T. Bowden at Clemson is true are two of them that were intersted.I also thought that I had heard something about C. Cutcliffe (Ole Miss coach and former and now present U.T. assistant) being interested. Barnhart also had Morris here who was doing a very good job in rebuilding and wanting to stay and should have imo and he rode him out on a rail to get one of his former pac10 buddies in. I will give Barnhart the :thumb: on the Cohen and DeMoss hirings, no one in their right mind could argue those two.

Uh, D. Cutcliffe?

What about Brian Craig? Does anyone on this website besides hssb and ja even know that name?

It may be nice to have had a baseball team that had a good year, as well as a good womens program. But when you get right down to it all anyone REALLY cares about is basketball, and it has gotten progressively worse.

Another instance of a typical UK fan thinking we should be able to win consistently 6-8 games in football, and a national championship every year in basketball. Take your blue colored glasses off and look deeper into an athletic department than the front pages of the Herald.

I dont think we should win 8 games, thats nearly impossible. But I dont think .500 ball is too much to ask for. And, YES we should be in the hunt for National Championship ever year in basketball. WE ARE KENTUCKY FOR GOD'S SAKE!! Call me crazy but I'm not satisfide with mediocrity.

Yeah UK basketball is going down the toilet right now? We have been having bad seasons for years now, I mean we weren't the number 1 team in the tournament for 2 of the last 4 years were we? We weren't a double overtime away from being in a final four with a very young team? Yeah last year wasn't a good year, but you act like its been going down for years now when that is not true at ALL!!!

I dont know the point your trying to make with all the players leaving. I mean I would think you probably would like that, because last years team wasn't that good and there needed to be changes. Tubby even said that himself and look what he has done he definitely has made a lot of changes to this team now. You put him down now for all the changes he has made to this team? I bet if he didn't make any changes you would be complaining about that too!!! Its to bad though that you are turning away from UK basketball now, but I hope you dont come back when Tubby does turn this thing around and has things going good again! :thumb:

Oh yeah I forgot we took up horseshoes and handgrenades at Keantucky:rolleyes: It's good to know those number one rankings mean something to you but they have not won us anything yet have they.Has Tubby had us ranked outside the top 25?But of course North Carolina went through the same thing but they had an A.D. with some since and got rid of him did'nt they?The Kentucky head coaching job isn't no different than any other job,If you don't perform than you gotta go.As we all know performing at U.K. is titles,right?Please don't give me that 1998 team garbage,because we see what he has done without Pitinos players....nothing!!Now I really don't get some fans on here thinking that if you don't like a losing coach your not a "real U.K. fan".I would like to think that if these same people have a car that they love but just won't run no more,that they would get rid of it for one that does.Maybe I'm wrong,but if not I'll give you ride when I see you on the side of the road anyway.As far as jumping back on the "bandwagon" when Tubby gets it turned around.....well I'll hop back on when he can get a top 20....no top 30 recruit to come to this shambles disguised as Kentucky.:thumb:

I think people are making too big of a deal about the losses. The only really good player we have lost is Rondo. The rest we can definitly do without. Sure a lot of us have this dream of Shagari really making a difference, and he has helped us win a select few games get wins. But now it will allow Carter to play much more. Im not saying we are going to be a great team this season, but the losses won't really hurt that bad, except a little bit with interior depth.

we see what he has done without Pitinos players....nothing!!

Have you been watching what RP has done at UofL.

1 FF since he's been there......WOW...He's the greatest of all time.

With that said........

Look up what the head-to-head is between OTS and RP.