Good luck to U.K. basketball....We need all the luck we can get.

JayRaySL

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful what you ask for...

You got here before I did GT...Donnan was a classless jerk and not much of a coach. His assistants did the work he got credit for at Marshall and I would assume that was also the case at UGA. Trust me, GT and I know from firsthand knowledge how good Donnan was...:rolleyes:

You got here before I did GT...Donnan was a classless jerk and not much of a coach. His assistants did the work he got credit for at Marshall and I would assume that was also the case at UGA. Trust me, GT and I know from firsthand knowledge how good Donann was...:rolleyes.

I had to deal with him more than I wanted to as well. The fact that he got into broadcasting after the way he treated the media makes my blood boil...

This should be easy. He hired Rich Brooks, enough said about that. The basketball program is in complete disaray and Barnhart seems content to let our football program stay in the gutter and it looks like our basketball program is headed that way. He is the atletic director, and his "directing" is a joke.

Brooks took a bad team in a bad situation and I think you need to wait until this season's results are in before you criticize this hire. Don't blame Barnhart because your favorite Arliss didn't exactly light it up at UK as you and some other members of the Maroon Mafia said he would. As for basketball, he has allowed Tubby to hang around because he has won a championship and has had mostly successful seasons. That being said, I agree that Tubby's brand of basketball is about as exciting to watch as a root canal. He hasn't produced the results UK fans expect and when some on here mention the top overall seeds in the NCAA tourney, they neglect to discuss the results he has had in the tourney since RP's players left. And no, I don't need to have anyone remind me of Rick's success at U of L, but I would say that Rick's time away from the game cost him as far as his recruiting ability and that's not a good comparison. Barnhart has been good, OVERALL, for the UK athletics department...now if he would just Scrub the Tub!

I had to deal with him more than I wanted to as well. The fact that he got into broadcasting after the way he treated the media makes my blood boil...

I laugh when I here him on TV or ESPN Radio, he's terrible. He should have taken some communications classes...

I think people are making too big of a deal about the losses. The only really good player we have lost is Rondo. The rest we can definitly do without. Sure a lot of us have this dream of Shagari really making a difference, and he has helped us win a select few games get wins. But now it will allow Carter to play much more. Im not saying we are going to be a great team this season, but the losses won't really hurt that bad, except a little bit with interior depth.

The loss of Rondo is the best thing that has happened so far. The real loss will be the clutch shooting and gutty play of Patrick Sparks and Ravi Moss.

I dont think we should win 8 games, thats nearly impossible. But I dont think .500 ball is too much to ask for. And, YES we should be in the hunt for National Championship ever year in basketball. WE ARE KENTUCKY FOR GOD'S SAKE!! Call me crazy but I'm not satisfide with mediocrity.

Who has won 6 games consistently in football and made the Final Four every year in basketball while coaching at UK?

Who has won 6 games consistently in football and made the Final Four every year in basketball while coaching at UK?

No one has ever done anything in football at UK, and Pitino did a pretty good job going in '93, '96, '97, and undoubtably would have went in '98. Im not saying I expect a final four every year, but I think we should go more than ONCE in EIGHT years!!!!!!!!!

No one has ever done anything in football at UK, and Pitino did a pretty good job going in '93, '96, '97, and undoubtably would have went in '98. Im not saying I expect a final four every year, but I think we should go more than ONCE in EIGHT years!!!!!!!!!

OTS was a double OT away from taking his team to his 2nd FF. :confused:

How can you say undoubtably we would have went in 98 under Pitino. That 98 team was not the most talented team in the world, so I dont see at all how you think we definitely would have made it still if Pitino was still coach...:rolleyes:

OTS was a double OT away from taking his team to his 2nd FF. :confused:

:thumb: Also elite 8 in 1999, then another elite 8 in 2003 when we lost to a team that would have beat ANYBODY that day! I know they aint final fours, but seriously some of our fellow UK fans just make me laugh alot of times when I read some of this stuff they say about UK. They act like we have been terrible for years now. It just really is getting pretty funny listening to some people on here!

Anyone can coach great/good players.......the real test of a coach is getting a team to overachieve......and Tubby cannot do that.....and the reason he has not so good players, well, himself.

So he has failed on 2 fronts, you only live of that 1 national title/FF for only say, 10 years..

Anyone can coach great/good players.......the real test of a coach is getting a team to overachieve......and Tubby cannot do that.....and the reason he has not so good players, well, himself.

So he has failed on 2 fronts, you only live of that 1 national title/FF for only say, 10 years..

I guess we are in a agreement then because by what you just said you must think Tubby is a GREAT COACH! Because Tubby has gotten a few teams to overachieve. Just look at the 03,04, and 05 teams. All 3 of those teams overachieved. In 04 their wasn't even a single Mcdonalds All-American on the team but we were the number 1 team in the tournament. Then with the 05 team we were very young and he overachieved with them by just about getting them to the final four!!! Wow I almost forgot to mention the 98 team because that team definitely overachieved because that was not the most talented team, so they definitely overacieved by winning the National Championship!!!

So Im glad we are in agreement now that Tubby is a GREAT coach!!! :D

The loss of Rondo is the best thing that has happened so far. The real loss will be the clutch shooting and gutty play of Patrick Sparks and Ravi Moss.

I understand where your coming from, but its yet to be seen how much the Rondo loss will help. We will miss Sparks and Moss though.

But to try to put a positive spin on it, Jasper and Meeks are more athletic than Sparks and Jasper. Who knows, Im excited about next season though. Morris, Crawford, and Bradley hafa put points on the board!!

I guess we are in a agreement then because by what you just said you must think Tubby is a GREAT COACH! Because Tubby has gotten a few teams to overachieve. Just look at the 03,04, and 05 teams. All 3 of those teams overachieved. In 04 their wasn't even a single Mcdonalds All-American on the team but we were the number 1 team in the tournament. Then with the 05 team we were very young and he overachieved with them by just about getting them to the final four!!! Wow I almost forgot to mention the 98 team because that team definitely overachieved because that was not the most talented team, so they definitely overacieved by winning the National Championship!!!

So Im glad we are in agreement now that Tubby is a GREAT coach!!! :D

:thumb: :thumb: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: