J.J. Watt

How do ANY of those make him a tool? :lol:

You think he thought those up and made them happen all on his own?

100% he staged every one of those. I'm not saying he's a bad guy. I'd take him on my team all day, but this dude is a straight up tool.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100% he staged every one of those. I'm not saying he's a bad guy. I'd take him on my team all day, but this dude is a straight up tool.

You clearly have some vendetta against him, and obviously haven't really paid attention to much he's done off the field.

He's a monster football player. I love watching him play. I love seeing a defensive guy getting MVP consideration.

Otherwise, his act has worn thin. I have no regard for Mettenberger whatsoever, but Watt's carping about selfies was Grade-A Toolish behavior. I haven't watched any Hard Knocks this season (and I might not), but I've heard it's more or less been an infomercial for J.J. Watt™.

I think what he is saying is Watt (and I will add Gronk in there as well) are fantastic football players and probably great guys off the field who do good things for charity and for fans but some of the stuff they get involved in is kind of cheeseball stunts. They fit in with their personalities and no damage is done but sometimes its like geez what is this guy going to do next?

Really? All of those staged stunts he pulls for attention don't irritate you? He's the best defensive player in the NFL, but I can't stand his Hardo persona. Here are some examples.

Notice the NHL goalie clearly diving five feet out of the way to let him score.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn0pFyI6U5s

Have you ever heard of Gronk. Everything you say about Watts, Gronk is that times 100.

I don't think labeling Gronk or Watt as tools is accurate. They may try a little to hard to come off as good guys. But I'd rather my players try to have a good reputation. There are a lot worse things a player could be doing.

There is always the segment of the population who just hates people for being good. Russel Wilson is another example.

Is it because people are envious of their positive attitudes ?

So you hate the Globetrotters too?

So a celebrity was allowed to score at a charity hockey event...no one seeing that thinks it was anything more than him being allowed to score.

Zac Brown band has a huge (sized) fan that happens to be a celebrity and has some fun with it by having him "Act" as some sort of security...again what's the big deal?

So you hate the Globetrotters too?

So a celebrity was allowed to score at a charity hockey event...no one seeing that thinks it was anything more than him being allowed to score.

Zac Brown band has a huge (sized) fan that happens to be a celebrity and has some fun with it by having him "Act" as some sort of security...again what's the big deal?

And to take it step further, he's by no means the first guy who's been cut some slack and allowed to "look good" at his own charity sporting event or been allowed to be part of a show in a fun, if not kind of goofy way. I'd much rather see a star doing these things then getting arrested for DUI's, or smacking around his girlfriend/wife. If Watt is a tool, then he is by far not the only one.