28 Years Ago Today.......Def Leppard "Hysteria" was released.

On this day in 1987 Def Leppard released Hysteria, their follow-up to 1983's Pyromania album. Hysteria's creation took over three years and was plagued by delays, including the aftermath of the December 31, 1984 car accident that cost drummer Rick Allen his left arm. To date it is their highest selling album with over 12 million copies in the US and 20 million worldwide.

The album took almost one year from it's release to finally hit #1 on the heels of the fourth single released from the album, "Pour Some Sugar On Me". 7 of the albums 12 tracks were released as singles, Women (#80), Animal (#19), Hysteria (#10), Pour Some Sugar On Me (#2), Love Bites (#1), Armageddon It (#3), Rocket (#15).

On October 8, 1988 Def Leppard held the #1 spot on both the singles and album charts with "Love Bites" and Hysteria, respectively. The album currently sits as the 51st best selling album of all time in the US. It spent 96 weeks in the US top 40, a record for the 1980s it ties with Born in the U.S.A.

IMHO, not a bad song on this album.

IMHO, not a bad song on this album.

This came out my senior year in high school, and I remember being so excited when it finally released. I loved Pyromania and High n Dry. While I was a big fan of this album when it released, the songs to me didn't hold up as well as their previous albums. To me, it's just a pretty good album, and was the beginning of the end of me being a big Def Leppard fan. "Pour some sugar on me" is one of my least favorite songs of all time.

Once again LB does himself proud. Nice get.

Album is right in my wheelhouse of never forget moments. Released in 87, it had a sluggish start but "Pour Some Sugar On Me," and "Love Bites" changed that. In the summer of '88 this was all you heard. It was the soundtrack to that summer.

I liked the song Hysteria a fair amount. Still like it. Still like Love Bites. Still like Love and Affection. Pour Some Sugar on Me got old by like July 4th that summer, but they kept playing it on the radio. Not much of a fan anymore as a result.

Iconic album.

Once again LB does himself proud. Nice get.

Album is right in my wheelhouse of never forget moments. Released in 87, it had a sluggish start but "Pour Some Sugar On Me," and "Love Bites" changed that. In the summer of '88 this was all you heard. It was the soundtrack to that summer.

I liked the song Hysteria a fair amount. Still like it. Still like Love Bites. Still like Love and Affection. Pour Some Sugar on Me got old by like July 4th that summer, but they kept playing it on the radio. Not much of a fan anymore as a result.

Iconic album.

This should have been the 8th single released, excellent tune.

Released just prior to starting my JR year.

I still keep that CD in my car, in the player.

**Actually, it's a copy of a copy. I guess you can wear out a CD.

This (and artillery) is a good reason why I'm a little hard hearing now and will likely be def by the time I hit 55...

I haven't test the theory in a very very long time but:

The #1 Song In Strip Clubs

Spike TV actually put together a list of the “Top 10 Strip Club Songs of All Time.” (If you ever go to one of these establishments – you’ll probably hear at least 5 of these songs before your first bathroom break.)

10) “Beautiful People” (Marilyn Manson)

9) “Hot in Herre” (Nelly)

8) “Milkshake” (Kelis)

7) “You Shook Me All Night Long” (AC/DC)

6) “American Woman” (Guess Who/Lenny Kravitz)

5) “Candy Shop” (50 Cent)

4) “Girls, Girls, Girls” (Mötley Crüe)

3) “Cherry Pie” (Warrant)

2) “Closer” (Nine Inch Nails)

1) “Pour Some Sugar on Me” (Def Leppard)

Read More: The #1 Song In Strip Clubs | The #1 Song In Strip Clubs