Mason County 70 Holmes 46

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me. But Henry can't score 35 points. You keep him in the teens like Augusta and Catholic did and every team in RP's top 10 poll has a chance. "So you saying there's a chance?"

There is no team in the 10th that will beat Mason but Mason

I can't seem to put my finger on what's missing this season with the Bulldogs.

They've got the talent. They have balanced scoring. They've been winning, and they've come a long way as a team since the beginning of the season.

They also have shown too often a tendency to have lapses within games either getting them behind early, or not finishing strong late, or generally just being a roller coaster team sometimes keeping their games in doubt until the end when they probably could've put teams away more strongly without any scare of a comeback.

Perhaps by winning some of these games they've gotten the wrong message that they can always turn it on when they need to, and not have to give it their all the entire game.

However, I can't imagine them entering a game with Mason County thinking this way. They had to know that they'd be strongly challenged throughout.

If they did enter the game with that false sense of security, hopefully at least in this loss they've now learned that this approach won't work all the time, and especially with tough teams.

Maybe they had plenty of time to turn things around with the likes of Lloyd, but they've got to know that playing 32 minutes is a crucial habit to get into if they stand a chance of making their mark this season.

The Cooper game you would've thought would had already taught them this, but of course they won that game perhaps continuing to promote that false sense with them.

A couple other things that they do seem to lack is playing with a sense of urgency and purpose. If this is the case, I'm not sure exactly what could light their fire.

They do get some fans to attend their home games, but in general there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of support, or a feeling that they're playing for a community that really cares that much.

I could be wrong, but I didn't see very much in the ways of a fan presence at the BOK like I saw from Campbell County, CovCath, and NewCath fans.

Of course a fan section doesn't play the game, but they can most certainly have an effect on players and their sense of spirit to celebrate their excellence and successes with others, and boosting them with a more heightened feeling that they've got something to play for outside of themselves.

Lawboy13 was saying how quickly tickets sold out at NewCath for their game against CovCath at the BOK, but when I bought my Holmes/CovCath ticket today at Holmes the woman I bought them from said that she didn't sell all of the Holmes/Cooper tickets for last Friday's game that she had to sell.

You would think that Holmes would try to promote with their fans and students about supporting their team on the big stage.

When I went last week to buy my Holmes/Cooper ticket the woman in the front office didn't even know what I was talking about and tried to turn me away saying that they don't sell their game tickets in advance, and I had to inform her that the game was being played at the BOK, and that I had already spoken to their Athletic Dept. over the phone to confirm that they were indeed selling them.

I wonder if the students were even made aware of it?

I suppose there could be lots of reasons why the BOK games might not attract large fan/student attendance for them, but at least at home games you would expect to see more backing from such a school with a large enrollment, and a history of excellent teams.

Perhaps I'm all wet, but I just think that adding spirited support to their already talented team could make a world of difference in charging these guys up to play with way more dominance than we've already seen from them. The potential is most certainly there, but adding some school spirit to the mix sure couldn't hurt.

I'm not saying that I'd really expect their fans to make the trip to Mason County, however a team that travels knowing that they have tons of support back home can still have a positive effect in firing a them up.

Final stats:

Henry 35 pts, 11 rbs

D Johnson 13

Omara 10

Boone 6

A Williams 5 & 6 rbs

Dudley 1

Bolden 12 (1-11 3FG, 3-7 FT. ..rough shooting night)

Mullins 10 & 4 rbs

Avery 8 & 10 rbs

Covington 8

Arnold 4

McClendon 3

Daniels 1

FG:

Mason Co 29-44 66%

Holmes 16-37 43%

3FG:

Holmes 2-17 12%

Mason Co 0-6

FT:

Holmes 8-18 44%

Mason Co 12-21 57%

Rebounds:

Mason Co 40

Holmes 26

Assists:

Mason Co 13

Holmes 4

Score by qtr:

Mason Co: 18-19-17-16--70

Holmes: 11-10-14-11--46

Just one of those nights for Holmes. On the road and have a bad shooting night and you get blown out.

Mason Co is really good though and should be given credit. Dorian Henry almost single handedly beat Holmes.

What was Bolden from the field,,3 for 19 ?

Bulldog stundent section...NONE, not second to.

Bulldog fans...a FEW students, alumni, and family. Terrible.

Bulldog problem...internal

Bulldogs make it to state...depends on the state they're in.

This Bulldog...miss the Beal/Schloemer years. Team chemistry, discipline, and team work ethics.

Bulldog stundent section...NONE, not second to.Bulldog fans...a FEW students, alumni, and family. Terrible.

Bulldog problem...internal

Bulldogs make it to state...depends on the state they're in.

This Bulldog...miss the Beal/Schloemer years. Team chemistry, discipline, and team work ethics.

What does this mean?

I can't seem to put my finger on what's missing this season with the Bulldogs.

They've got the talent. They have balanced scoring. They've been winning, and they've come a long way as a team since the beginning of the season.

They also have shown too often a tendency to have lapses within games either getting them behind early, or not finishing strong late, or generally just being a roller coaster team sometimes keeping their games in doubt until the end when they probably could've put teams away more strongly without any scare of a comeback.

Perhaps by winning some of these games they've gotten the wrong message that they can always turn it on when they need to, and not have to give it their all the entire game.

However, I can't imagine them entering a game with Mason County thinking this way. They had to know that they'd be strongly challenged throughout.

If they did enter the game with that false sense of security, hopefully at least in this loss they've now learned that this approach won't work all the time, and especially with tough teams.

Maybe they had plenty of time to turn things around with the likes of Lloyd, but they've got to know that playing 32 minutes is a crucial habit to get into if they stand a chance of making their mark this season.

The Cooper game you would've thought would had already taught them this, but of course they won that game perhaps continuing to promote that false sense with them.

A couple other things that they do seem to lack is playing with a sense of urgency and purpose. If this is the case, I'm not sure exactly what could light their fire.

They do get some fans to attend their home games, but in general there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of support, or a feeling that they're playing for a community that really cares that much.

I could be wrong, but I didn't see very much in the ways of a fan presence at the BOK like I saw from Campbell County, CovCath, and NewCath fans.

Of course a fan section doesn't play the game, but they can most certainly have an effect on players and their sense of spirit to celebrate their excellence and successes with others, and boosting them with a more heightened feeling that they've got something to play for outside of themselves.

Lawboy13 was saying how quickly tickets sold out at NewCath for their game against CovCath at the BOK, but when I bought my Holmes/CovCath ticket today at Holmes the woman I bought them from said that she didn't sell all of the Holmes/Cooper tickets for last Friday's game that she had to sell.

You would think that Holmes would try to promote with their fans and students about supporting their team on the big stage.

When I went last week to buy my Holmes/Cooper ticket the woman in the front office didn't even know what I was talking about and tried to turn me away saying that they don't sell their game tickets in advance, and I had to inform her that the game was being played at the BOK, and that I had already spoken to their Athletic Dept. over the phone to confirm that they were indeed selling them.

I wonder if the students were even made aware of it?

I suppose there could be lots of reasons why the BOK games might not attract large fan/student attendance for them, but at least at home games you would expect to see more backing from such a school with a large enrollment, and a history of excellent teams.

Perhaps I'm all wet, but I just think that adding spirited support to their already talented team could make a world of difference in charging these guys up to play with way more dominance than we've already seen from them. The potential is most certainly there, but adding some school spirit to the mix sure couldn't hurt.

I'm not saying that I'd really expect their fans to make the trip to Mason County, however a team that travels knowing that they have tons of support back home can still have a positive effect in firing a them up.

Don't know about the intensity, but if they don't create turnovers with pressure they will struggle. If teams can pound it inside, they just don't have an answer. They are not a great half court defensive team. If Bolden is off, you can forget it, they are very average.

The loss didn't surprise, the margin did. Bad night on all fronts for the Bulldogs. Give credit to the Royals on their win, they deserved it.