Mason County 70 Holmes 46

Where is anyone blaming refs? I believe every NKY supporter who was there has said Mason dominated them start to finish.

I was simply pointing out it wasn't Pig Williams defense that caused Bolden to have an off night. He simply missed shots he nomally makes. I'm editing the video right now and have already watched Bolden blow by him 3 times only to miss a floater at the rim.

If anything, it was Dorian Henry's presence that caused him to have an off night...not Williams.

Then stop complaining about the trash talk, it's a sport and I know Pig personally he's not the person that starts that unless someone starts with him. You show me one game where there 0 trash talk at all and I'll show you two very poor basketball teams.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is anyone blaming refs? I believe every NKY supporter who was there has said Mason dominated them start to finish.

I was simply pointing out it wasn't Pig Williams defense that caused Bolden to have an off night. He simply missed shots he nomally makes. I'm editing the video right now and have already watched Bolden blow by him 3 times only to miss a floater at the rim.

If anything, it was Dorian Henry's presence that caused him to have an off night...not Williams.

Something Coach O'Hearn was quick to point out in his postgame interview. Said Pig played great defense, but Bolden missed a lot of shots he normally makes. An off-night.

Back to the game...... so was Dorian Henry being checked or not checked by Avery?

Holmes used Avery at times but for the most part it was Mullins/Covington/Arnold.

Henry checked Mullins for most of the night at the other end.

Henry did a nice job bullying his way to the rim and finishing through contact.

I think his presence defensively caused Holmes to miss some easy baskets around the rim...I've never seen them miss so many shots close to the rim. He is a game changer, for sure.

After watching Holmes vs Scott in the Lloyd Memorial tournament championship game I can say that's not a given.

Sitting behind Holmes bench with a buddy we heard some pretty vulgar things being said not only by Holmes players to Scott players, but also Holmes coaching staff including Listerman saying vulgar things toward Scott players as well.

Refs let them play and talk until what looked like a Holmes player and Scott's head coach going back and forth. But things had gotten out of hand from the control aspect of the ref's squashing it until then.

Last comment I'm going to make on this "trash talk" subject but I have a hard time believing the bolded happened. Listerman rarely cusses as it is but yet he made vulgar comments toward an opposing teams' players? I'm calling bull :poop: on that one.

Some of you in this thread are trying to make it seem like Holmes has a bunch of "thugs" that simply go out there and talk smack every game, which couldn't be further from the truth. Don't confuse Bolden and Mullins saying something here and there as Holmes being a team that likes to talk smack. Neither are CLOSE to the level that Elijah Pittman was on while at Holmes.

I know for a fact those kids and coaches are reading this garbage so how about you get your facts straight before making false accusations.

Last comment I'm going to make on this "trash talk" subject but I have a hard time believing the bolded happened. Listerman rarely cusses as it is but yet he made vulgar comments toward an opposing teams' players? I'm calling bull :poop: on that one.

Some of you in this thread are trying to make it seem like Holmes has a bunch of "thugs" that simply go out there and talk smack every game, which couldn't be further from the truth. Don't confuse Bolden and Mullins saying something here and there as Holmes being a team that likes to talk smack. Neither are CLOSE to the level that Elijah Pittman was on while at Holmes.

I know for a fact those kids and coaches are reading this garbage so how about you get your facts straight before making false accusations.

Not from where I was sitting.

Third row behind Holmes bench.

I highly doubt, though I wasn't there, that there was any more trash talking than a normal game. I highly doubt the officials would let it get way out of hand and I highly doubt that coaches say much to the opposing players directly. Coaches usually talk to the officials about opposing players. A coach like Listerman knows that when players worry about talking than playing, they are by and large not effective. Many times body language leads us to believe differently.

Case in point last night I was watching the mic'd up Calipari with his hands flailing and screaming. Without the audio, I would have thought he was screaming at the officials with his hands up and body language. He was actually telling the players to get their hands up on defense. I was pretty amused that I had different thoughts than what actually happened.

Lots of nothing here. It has been stated numerous times in this thread, the Royals were the much better team last night and had the best player on the floor which the Bulldogs had no answer for. All the other stuff is just deflecting everything.

Lots of people love to assume Maysville is just a little country town. Have you ever been in downtown Maysville and along the residential streets? More often than not, the kids who play for Mason County are going to be just as athletic or moreso than those from Covington. This is not anything new (well, maybe new since Maysville High closed in the early 90s and everyone was forced to go to Mason County). Historically, where most 9th Region teams usually have the advantage is with disciplined play. I see this a lot with Bishop Brossart because they came from the 9th Region and have much success in the 10th Region playing a disciplined style. If it becomes and up and down running game, Mason County is going to have the upper hand more times than not.

Lots of people love to assume Maysville is just a little country town. Have you ever been in downtown Maysville and along the residential streets? More often than not, the kids who play for Mason County are going to be just as athletic or moreso than those from Covington. This is not anything new (well, maybe new since Maysville High closed in the early 90s and everyone was forced to go to Mason County). Historically, where most 9th Region teams usually have the advantage is with disciplined play. I see this a lot with Bishop Brossart because they came from the 9th Region and have much success in the 10th Region playing a disciplined style. If it becomes and up and down running game, Mason County is going to have the upper hand more times than not.

So if I'm reading you correctly you're saying Mason is as black as Holmes.

I have a hard time assuming most people think Mason Co. doesn't have athletes. They have since the merger. They aren't the only 10th region team that has athletes consistently. GRC, MoCo, Paris. Come on the whole region isn't the rural stereotype you are implying.

I have a hard time assuming most people think Mason Co. doesn't have athletes. They have since the merger. They aren't the only 10th region team that has athletes consistently. GRC, MoCo, Paris. Come on the whole region isn't the rural stereotype you are implying.

You are correct - the whole region is not. Which is why I didn't imply it was :laugh: