Gage Tucker OL Scott High School Class Of 2017

coach1980

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some are worried about what a coach might read on here and then I read a post like this.

I think this thread is funny because it literally talks about mailed game invites. I say keep it going.

Is it really asking to much to be happy for the young man and his family?

I say bench him. They can win without him. They have Rice leading the line on both sides of the ball. No need to risk re-injury. However I agree no need to drag that on bgp.

Wow !! Bench him..they can win without him . Encouraging !! Thanks.

Some are worried about what a coach might read on here and then I read a post like this.

Is it really asking to much to be happy for the young man and his family?

Just keeping it real here: I wish the young man the best and hope he achieves his dreams. However, all of the self-promotion is kind of tacky.

I say bench him. They can win without him. They have Rice leading the line on both sides of the ball. No need to risk re-injury. However I agree no need to drag that on bgp.

I don't mean it in a bad way but he will be needed more in the playoffs then right now.

Let him get reps in at practice and back to form.

My problem is "what if" this kid doesn't go to any of those schools? And ends up at a lower level? I feel like it's stoking the wrong fire, because now you can say well "my kid had so and so getting D1 game invites(which most kids get if your marginally talented) but ended up playing at NAIA in-state. The parent will think it's the coaches fault etc... Parents don't understand the difference between actually getting and being recruited. Once the handwritten letters and signatures start coming, then these have some significance.

My problem is "what if" this kid doesn't go to any of those schools? And ends up at a lower level? I feel like it's stoking the wrong fire, because now you can say well "my kid had so and so getting D1 game invites(which most kids get if your marginally talented) but ended up playing at NAIA in-state. The parent will think it's the coaches fault etc... Parents don't understand the difference between actually getting and being recruited. Once the handwritten letters and signatures start coming, then these have some significance.

Best of luck to the young man, but having seen him play in person, his size is all that they can be interested in right now, I understand he's only a junior, but he'll have to take some huge strides next year to be a serious D 1 prospect. ( lacks quickness, poor foot work, and over all athleticism, IMO ) BTW, there is nothing wrong with Div. 2 or NAIA schools. which is where I think this young man will end up, but again best of luck to him, coach 1980 you need to slow down and take this thing 1 day at a time.