Gage Tucker OL Scott High School Class Of 2017

coach1980

From what I have been informed, he is a pleasure in the classroom and is well behaved. He has great grades, and has a very good work ethic on the field and in the classroom all four seasons , you can find this youngman working hard in the weightroom , and with personal trainer on foot work and agility. From what I have heard several big name schools have been showing interest already. Louisville is one , and many Ivy league schools as well.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to be a Debbie downer of any such, but if he is class of 2017, meaning he will be a junior this upcoming season..... I don't think any colleges are actually contacting him. Possibly, an automated email messaging system is used in this situation. I may be wrong but I don't think colleges may contact a player until sometime September of their junior year. When speaking in the aspect of a personal message.

As long as this young man works hard in the off season, progresses with his footwork, and gets the grades in the classroom, I don't see why he should have any trouble getting a look from a good/high level school. Anyone know his stats? Age/height/weight. GPA. I understand he is class of 2017 but has he taken the ACT? SAT?

What is ACT requirements for each division??

Not trying to be a Debbie downer of any such, but if he is class of 2017, meaning he will be a junior this upcoming season..... I don't think any colleges are actually contacting him. Possibly, an automated email messaging system is used in this situation. I may be wrong but I don't think colleges may contact a player until sometime September of their junior year. When speaking in the aspect of a personal message.

Yeah. I get what your saying. The family actually have gotten direct email contacts , not just mailers . No true offers. Just interested.

It's a sliding scale the higher gpa the lower act the score can be. However that's just for the NCAA each individual school has its own acceptance requirements.

I know the standard is usually a 3.5 GPA and at least a 25 score or greater on the ACT .

It's a sliding scale the higher gpa the lower act the score can be. However that's just for the NCAA each individual school has its own acceptance requirements.

Great !! Thanks for the clarification, I wasn't positive on how all that worked? I had just heard each school is different, and that was one of the schools particular guidelines. That is helpful knowing sliding scale between the 2 scores . Thanks !!

Gage has had several camp invites (personal ones) and generic informal invites for this spring and summer to attend. James Madison University, Princeton University, University of Louisville, Lindsey Wilson , and Vanderbilt . The other camps other than these were generic invites . He will be attending Uk lineman camp out of the generic non personal invites .

I know the standard is usually a 3.5 GPA and at least a 25 score or greater on the ACT .

Why would your ACT score need to be a 25 or great to play D1 football? Ivy leauge is a 26 that's a tier 1 offer. I believe they can only have 2 kids with Thats score per class the rest go up for there.

Ivy League. You will be paying unless the stundent is very smart or the families income is very low.

Why would your ACT score need to be a 25 or great to play D1 football? Ivy leauge is a 26 that's a tier 1 offer. I believe they can only have 2 kids with Thats score per class the rest go up for there.

Ivy League. You will be paying unless the stundent is very smart or the families income is very low.

All good points !! He is very young, so I am sure this is only the beginning to his exposure, and he is a great student, it will be exciting to see where he will end up in a couple of years !!

The income requirements for free education at a Ivy league are rather generous. But do vary per school. I have 2 Ivy league grads in my family and one attending all of them got a free education and we are mostly upper middle class

Why would your ACT score need to be a 25 or great to play D1 football? Ivy leauge is a 26 that's a tier 1 offer. I believe they can only have 2 kids with Thats score per class the rest go up for there. Ivy League. You will be paying unless the stundent is very smart or the families income is very low.

Your ACT doesn't need to be close to that if you're good.

Did Tucker play his grade school ball in the BCPWFL?

Yes Tucker played since he was 4 turning 5 . He was forced to play ball out there , because of the weight limit that used to exist in kenton County. He was always a big kid for his age . Played Raiders, Broncos, Razor backs for 1 season then as 8th grader he played freshman ball at boone county high school and received offensive and defensive lineman of the year . Family moved to Taylor Mill during his 8th grade season , in which he became an Eagle , his younger brother is over here too from Bcpwfl . Their father was alumni at Scott.

Yes Tucker played since he was 4 turning 5 . He was forced to play ball out there , because of the weight limit that used to exist in kenton County. He was always a big kid for his age . Played Raiders, Broncos, Razor backs for 1 season then as 8th grader he played freshman ball at boone county high school and received offensive and defensive lineman of the year . Family moved to Taylor Mill during his 8th grade season , in which he became an Eagle , his younger brother is over here too from Bcpwfl . Their father was alumni at Scott.

I remember Gage well then. Best of luck to the young man!