Gage Tucker OL Scott High School Class Of 2017

coach1980

Div 1 football is so hard, and you have to be an elite athlete to make it to that level. This is just constructive stuff that Mr. Tucker must work on in order to reach Div. level status. First is his height, ( you can't really work on that I realize this, hope he grows taller ) but at 6-1 you have to be a donate, and or exceptional player in order to get serious looks from Div 1 schools. upper body strength, I under stand he's only 15, but he must be benching over 425 his senior year, he's already over 3 bills with his body wt.. Lastly and most importantly is this young mans foot work, it's simple not there, and maybe it will come, over the next few seasons, I think Mr. Tucker looks more like a Div 2 or NAIA player with his current skill set. Best of luck to this young man, but size isn't the beat all end, his overall athleticism must improve big time to be considered as serious D 1 prospect. Best of luck to Mr. Tucker in the next few years though. :thumb:

I watched the Conner/Scott game and wondered about his height. 6'1 is a challenge unless he's a really strong NT.

Best wishes to the kid. He'll love the UT visit.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the Conner/Scott game and wondered about his height. 6'1 is a challenge unless he's a really strong NT.

Best wishes to the kid. He'll love the UT visit.

Agreed, there is no way this young man is 6'4" even on a good day. 6'1', maybe 6'2" ish, around 330 looking to me on film. Again it will all come down to his athleticism, and having great foot work down the road in order to reach Div. 1 serious recruiting status. Hope it works out for the young man in the near future, best of luck.

Wait a minute, he's Junior, and he's 15 years old. Good lord, why in the world is this young man not a freshman, or at most a Soph. right now?

Yes he is only 15 and junior on the 4 games he has on huddle from this season . He was only 14 in sophmore highlights and started both oline and dline . He is a good kid, and has great grades. He knows what he needs to work on and is progressing . He will be just fine.

Yes he is only 15 and junior on the 4 games he has on huddle from this season . He was only 14 in sophmore highlights and started both oline and dline . He is a good kid, and has great grades. He knows what he needs to work on and is progressing . He will be just fine.

Sounds like my son age wise. Was still 17 when he first went to college.

Sounds like my son age wise. Was still 17 when he first went to college.

Yes . I see a red shirt in his future. Whever he ends up NAIA, D2, or wherever. Thier are always critics I told him learn to deal with that at an early age and you will be better off. He is young but has goals . He will end up playing ball at the next level , despite anyones opinion . It is great your son started college very young. You know what were up against then .

Give us his height in his bare feet.

Excellent news about UL still being interested.

Gage got weighed in and height yesterday at St E before surgery on his finger . He actually is only 192.533 cm. And weighs in at 339. yesterday. He is out for 4 to 6 weeks .

Gage got weighed in and height yesterday at St E before surgery on his finger . He actually is only 192.533 cm. And weighs in at 339. yesterday. He is out for 4 to 6 weeks .

Are we in Canada?:laugh:

For those who are not well-versed in their cm-to-inch calculation that's 6'3.

That is a lot different than 6'1.

Are we in Canada?:laugh:

For those who are not well-versed in their cm-to-inch calculation that's 6'3.

That is a lot different than 6'1.

Tucker is deceptively tall, if that is possible. I would have never believed he was 6'3, until I stood next to him. And if you get a chance to stand next to him, you quickly realize, he is a legit 6'3-6'4

If he is a legit 6'3 which it sounds like his biggest issue is his lack of footwork and his size. He will almost be put on red shirt if he is lucky enough to play D1 just to get his body fat down if he is 15 and 340 pounds, that is really over weight for what coaches want at that size and age.