Predict Tomorrow's Rankings

JokersWild24

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great but right now what is Bama's signature win to keep them in the top 5.

They're just right around the corner. They have four ranked teams (as of right now) remaining on their schedule. Only one of them is on the road, and LSU doesn't look like a team that can knock them off, even at Death Valley.

They played a tough ranked team on the road today and had a chance at the end. How many SEC teams have overcome such a blemish and made it into the two-team playoff? A bunch.

In my opinion today's loss won't hurt them as bad in the rankings as some of you might think. If they tumble, it'll be no more than 7th — remember, they were #1 in at least one poll before today. And if the SEC is as great as everybody thinks — and those who vote for the polls think the SEC is pretty tough — they won't drop below 5th, leaving them firmly in the national title picture.

Will 4-1 UK crack the top 25 this week?

Let's not get too crazy. They still need to beat a ranked team to truly get some attention.

While beating SC/Spurrier is a big mental win for UK, this isn't the same Gamecocks of recent years and the voters know this. A win at LSU will do the trick.

Let's not get too crazy. They still need to beat a ranked team to truly get some attention.

While beating SC/Spurrier is a big mental win for UK, this isn't the same Gamecocks of recent years and the voters know this. A win at LSU will do the trick.

We didnt play a tough enough ooc schedule to beat a team like LSU. But then again we weren't supposed to beat Vandy or USC either. No one expected them to take Florida to multiple overtimes either.. Much less beat a team that was ranked in the top 10 preseason.

So what exactly does Kentucky need to do to get some votes?

They're just right around the corner. They have four ranked teams (as of right now) remaining on their schedule. Only one of them is on the road, and LSU doesn't look like a team that can knock them off, even at Death Valley.

They played a tough ranked team on the road today and had a chance at the end. How many SEC teams have overcome such a blemish and made it into the two-team playoff? A bunch.

In my opinion today's loss won't hurt them as bad in the rankings as some of you might think. If they tumble, it'll be no more than 7th — remember, they were #1 in at least one poll before today. And if the SEC is as great as everybody thinks — and those who vote for the polls think the SEC is pretty tough — they won't drop below 5th, leaving them firmly in the national title picture.

I was surprised to see the stat that Alabama had lost three straight games against ranked opponents. They still have a whole lot of good teams left on the schedule, but do get them in Tuscaloosa. Still, MSU, Auburn, and Texas A&M, that's a tough road to hoe. If they win out, for sure they'll be in the playoff. They will need an Ole Miss loss (or two) to win the SEC though.

We didnt play a tough enough ooc schedule to beat a team like LSU. But then again we weren't supposed to beat Vandy or USC either. No one expected them to take Florida to multiple overtimes either.. Much less beat a team that was ranked in the top 10 preseason.

So what exactly does Kentucky need to do to get some votes?

Win at Death Valley.

I was surprised to see the stat that Alabama had lost three straight games against ranked opponents. They still have a whole lot of good teams left on the schedule, but do get them in Tuscaloosa. Still, MSU, Auburn, and Texas A&M, that's a tough road to hoe. If they win out, for sure they'll be in the playoff. They will need an Ole Miss loss (or two) to win the SEC though.

You don't seriously think any of those teams are going to win at Tuscaloosa against a Bama team fighting for their lives to stay in the national title picture, do you?

You don't seriously think any of those teams are going to win at Tuscaloosa against a Bama team fighting for their lives to stay in the national title picture, do you?

Do I find it likely? No. Is it possible? Absolutely. Alabama is not unassailable and today proved it. Last year was their first unbeaten slate at home since 2009, so it's not as if they haven't lost in Tuscaloosa either. I mean if you want to scoff at Texas A&M so be it. Even MSU. But Auburn? I would find it incredible you'd think that was beyond the realm of possibility. I think you'll find there are people out there who think they are better.