Saying "no" to family...

Hangman

Depends on the situation. I'm not sure what we're talking about here, but I get your general meaning.

Specifically, my sister has made poor decision after poor decision in her life and I've constantly bailed her out financially. But I'm tired of enabling her and I've had to cut the cord. Not easy, but I'm doing it.

Specifically, my sister has made poor decision after poor decision in her life and I've constantly bailed her out financially. But I'm tired of enabling her and I've had to cut the cord. Not easy, but I'm doing it.

Try saying no to your mom. I had to do that recently. I feel your pain. It's hard, hard, hard and often puts you on the outs with other family members.

Try saying no to your mom. I had to do that recently. I feel your pain. It's hard, hard, hard and often puts you on the outs with other family members.

I had to do that this week as well when she requested a cosign. I wanted to more than anything, but it's not something I could get comfortable with.

It's all weighing on me.

I had to do that this week as well when she requested a cosign. I wanted to more than anything, but it's not something I could get comfortable with.

It's all weighing on me.

I had to tell my mom that some of the repairs needed for her home were beyond my capacity for a few years. I told her she's sitting on 83 acres of land that only 1 acre is actually used, and that she COULD pay for repairs herself by selling even a few acres or leasing some for an income. I felt horrible.

It's all weighing on me.

I feel for you. If they ask you for something that you are not comfortable doing, then you say no. It's one thing to help out and be generous and give when you can. It's totally another thing when the inner alarm inside of you is ringing loud and clear that you should not do it---regardless if the reason is that you don't have the means or that you don't want to enable them.

It's all weighing on me.

I understand the weight you're feeling, but you did the right thing by not cosigning IMO.

You have to cut that cord or it will never stop! I've seen it before. Time for some tough love!

I feel for you, I really do. Have had more than my share of family problems, now they don't speak to me because I got tired of the drama. Believe me when I tell you, enabling is all you really do when you give in, you made the right, albeit, tough decision.