Goetta

Content1

What is your favorite brand or make? If not aware of this breakfast food here's some additional information.

Goetta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What restaurants have you had goetta at, if any? Do you have a favorite butcher shop? Have you had any unusual twist on goetta? Going to cook turkey goetta for the first time this morning.

Thoughts?

Had Queen City mild last weekend and was pleasantly surprised. I'll provide feedback within the next couple hours on todays turkey goetta for brunch.

Help me out on scrapple mcpapa, never heard of it.

It's the Pennsylvania Dutch equivalent of goetta. The filler is cornmeal and wheat flour instead of oats. I grew up a couple hours from the Lancaster PA area and we ate it often for breakfast. Generally sold in 1-pound "bricks" (local Kroger carries one brand). Slice it into quarter-inch slabs and fry until crispy brown on the outside. I always put ketchup on it or add it to a fried egg sandwich.

Scrapple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I like it best at a hole n the wall diner on Monmouth street or a few places in latonia. I cannot make it at home. I can't even fry up gliers without making a mess

I always get slammed for saying this on a heavily-loaded NKY site, but tough.

Some like goetta, but scrapple is betta.

I'm with you MC. Grew up in Delaware, love Scrapple, and besides real cheese steaks and italian subs, it's the food I miss the most. I make it back once a year, and bring back a few pounds of it. Goetta just doesn't do it for me.

My own home made goetta with a red pepper kicker…..of course made with ground venison. TAC should consider this as an option. Going to be making some soon, along with some andouille, smoked chorizo and of course jerky.

My own home made goetta with a red pepper kicker…..of course made with ground venison. TAC should consider this as an option. Going to be making some soon, along with some andouille, smoked chorizo and of course jerky.

Love chorizo and eggs.