I think we all agree that UK football is on the uptick....

ACE

I'm just wondering why you are raining on a parade of a good recruiting class for KY. Most people know this isn't a world beater class and its going to take a lot more to be win in the SEC. But its a huge step in the right direction compared to where they were just a couple years ago under Joker .

I'm not a UK football fan. But my point about UC is how much trouble are they in if UK continues recruiting like this in Ohio.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just wondering why you are raining on a parade of a good recruiting class for KY. Most people know this isn't a world beater class and its going to take a lot more to be win in the SEC. But its a huge step in the right direction compared to where they were just a couple years ago under Joker .

I'm not a UK football fan. But my point about UC is how much trouble are they in if UK continues recruiting like this in Ohio.

I'm giving my opinion. That's still allowed here, right?

UC has focused on getting kids out of the south under Tuberville so what UK is doing in Ohio isn't much of a factor. Your concern is cute though...

Don't underestimate the importance of whether a coaching staff can "coach up" these kids. Getting highly rated kids is one thing, developing them as a team and individually is another. The UK staff did not wow me last season but it is too early to judge. I think it will be fair to judge next season, though, and look for some evidence of good coaching. I do think that UK for the most part played for 4 quarters last year, and that should be attributed the coaches. Execution was not good, however.

I'm giving my opinion. That's still allowed here, right?

UC has focused on getting kids out of the south under Tuberville so what UK is doing in Ohio isn't much of a factor. Your concern is cute though...

So your going to act like UK recruiting the city of Cincinnati won't affect UC 's program? We all know elite level south recruits aren't coming to UC as proven in UC's current class.

Sure your opinion is allowed I'm also allowed to criticize it. God forbid everyone doesn't agree with you.

So your going to act like UK recruiting the city of Cincinnati won't affect UC 's program? We all know elite level south recruits aren't coming to UC as proven in UC's current class.

Sure your opinion is allowed I'm also allowed to criticize it. God forbid everyone doesn't agree with you.

Again you are infatuated with UC in a thread about UK. To ease your concerns, the class UC landed is on par with what they have landed over the past 7 years. 7 pretty damn successful years at that.

My opinion is UK will continue to struggle to get to 7 wins a season if they try to win in the SEC with Ohio as the backbone of their recruiting efforts. They aren't going to beat OSU for the best kids, and will be playing an SEC schedule with middle of the pack B1G talent. If that sounds like a recipe for success to you, have at it...

Again you are infatuated with UC in a thread about UK. To ease your concerns' date=' the class UC landed is on par with what they have landed over the past 7 years. 7 pretty damn successful years at that. My opinion is UK will continue to struggle to get to 7 wins a season if they try to win in the SEC with Ohio as the backbone of their recruiting efforts. They aren't going to beat OSU for the best kids, and will be playing an SEC schedule with middle of the pack B1G talent. If that sounds like a recipe for success to you, have at it...[/quote']

Second paragraph is copyrighted to JA. : )

Again you are infatuated with UC in a thread about UK. To ease your concerns' date=' the class UC landed is on par with what they have landed over the past 7 years. 7 pretty damn successful years at that. My opinion is UK will continue to struggle to get to 7 wins a season if they try to win in the SEC with Ohio as the backbone of their recruiting efforts. They aren't going to beat OSU for the best kids, and will be playing an SEC schedule with middle of the pack B1G talent. If that sounds like a recipe for success to you, have at it...[/quote']

THIS..........

If UK want to win 9, 8, or even 7 games they have to recruit every quality player in-state, and get most of them. Petrino and Louisville was getting too many of the in-state talent during his first stint, and winning while doing it. Petrino was doing the same thing at Western, the other D1 school in the state that beat UK the last two years. UK lost several players this year to Western that they should have went after hard. And, don't give me the "they can't play in the SEC" argument.

To answer the thread question......Yes we can agree it is on the uptick................because it really can't go down anymore than it has. UK job is a great one to have. You win 7 games and go to a bowl you get interest from other schools. You win 2 or 3 and everyone says its a basketball dominated school and the SEC is just too good.

If UK want to win 9' date=' 8, or even 7 games they have to recruit every quality player in-state, and get most of them. Petrino and Louisville was getting too many of the in-state talent during his first stint, and winning while doing it. Petrino was doing the same thing at Western, the other D1 school in the state that beat UK the last two years. UK lost several players this year to Western that they should have went after hard. And, don't give me the "they can't play in the SEC" argument.[/quote']

They got every single to player in the state this year..

Again you are infatuated with UC in a thread about UK. To ease your concerns, the class UC landed is on par with what they have landed over the past 7 years. 7 pretty damn successful years at that.

My opinion is UK will continue to struggle to get to 7 wins a season if they try to win in the SEC with Ohio as the backbone of their recruiting efforts. They aren't going to beat OSU for the best kids, and will be playing an SEC schedule with middle of the pack B1G talent. If that sounds like a recipe for success to you, have at it...

Settle down little guy. I just said if UK is now recruiting Cincinnati it will impact UC. You disagree. I don't see how it can't affect UC. Take a deep breath.

They got every single to player in the state this year..

How about this guys? Could they have not helped?

Nacarius Fant, WR Bowling Green - Western Kentucky University

Sean Nuernberger, K/P Oldham County - Ohio State University

Masai Whyte, LB Collins - Western Kentucky University

DeAndre Farris, ATH Collins - Western Kentucky University

Reggie Bonnafon, ATH Trinity - University of Louisville

Ryan Duvall, LB Apollo - Western Kentucky University

Joel Iyiegbuniwe, DB South Warren - Western Kentucky University

Will Bush, WR Ballard - Western Kentucky University

John Kurtz, OL St. Xavier - University of Cincinnati

Derik Overstreet, DL Paducah Tilghman - Western Kentucky University